cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Check General Delivery Mailbox via IMAP?

Brikers12
Level 1
Level 1

I have setup all my phone users's voicemail mailbox's to be checked in Outlook 2007 via the IMAP option. I am now wondering if a "General Delivery Mailbox" can be checked via IMAP in outlook?

5 Replies 5

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

Unfortunately, this is not available today.

Trevor,

As a workaround, you could enable Notifications for the GDM, so voicemails are emailed to specified recipients:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/sbcs/uc500/gui/user/guide/uc500_office_admin_guide_v2.pdf

Thanks,

Marcos Hernandez
Technical Marketing Engineer
Cisco Systems, Inc.

that is unfortunate, seems like a logical feature. How does one know if there is a new voicemail in a GDM then? It doesn't notify on the phone itself it seems...

The SMTP email notification can't be sent to a users IMAP can they? There isn't an internal email format? like user@CME_IP or something?

Check This thread for info on how to make a GDM show up on a user's phone. Basically create a DN for the GDM, then assign a monitor button to it on user's phones. Then it will show the VM envelope when there is a message.

Gent's I have been struggling with the same issues for GDM notification, and her's how I'm fixing it.

Here is a quick example of a config I use to light a phone message waiting light when using a General Delivery Mailbox (GDM). When the MWI call comes into CME you need to alter the called number before CME sees it.

Even though the GDM is assigned to multiple users, this work around will only light the light for one phone at this time.

In my example the MWI light for extension 201 will turn on when a message is left in 200's general delivery mailbox. It will also turn the light off when deleted.  I am leveraging the MWI-On and MWI-Off ephone-dn's created by CCA on my UC520- 8 user demo kit.

enable
conf t
!
voice translation-rule 200
rule 1 /A800200/ /A800201/ type any unknown
rule 2 /A801200/ /A801201/ type any unknown
!
voice translation-profile gdmmwi
translate called 200
!
dial-peer voice 200 voip
incoming called-number A80[01]...
codec g711ulaw
no vad
session protocol sipv2
dtmf-relay sip-notify
translation-profile incoming gdmmwi
description **USED TO LIGHT MWI FOR GDM ON 201**
!
!
ephone-dn  55
number A801... no-reg primary
name Message Waiting
mwi off
!
!
ephone-dn  56
number A800... no-reg primary
name Message Waiting
mwi on
!
!
end

wr

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: