cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CIPC locking up upon using Edit Dial function ( running Vista)

stacy.thompson
Level 3
Level 3

Where should I begin with this issue?   Has anyone seen it before?

I have softphone version 7.0.3.0 , CDP 2.0.1.02, engine 3.3.0.0 on my laptop running Vista.  When I return a missed or received call from my Directories, my softphone freezes up. It does place the call, but I cannot disconnect, do any call handling, it's totally locked up. I have to exit and restart the softphone.

This is happening to a customer on a UC540 with Vista as well. I have a UC520. So I think it's a softphone version issue...I don't recall it happening to the previous version and I just recently upgraded to 7.0.3....

Please see the attached image of what the phone loks like when this happens...it's very odd.

Please advise,

Thank you !

Stacy

2 Replies 2

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

I have only found one instance of a similar problem, but it didn't have a resolution to it.  Would you mind opening a case up for this with the UC520 and CIPC 7.0.3?

One of our techs contacted TAC- right now there is a work around.

You must disable the Windows Search Service. SImply stopping the service does not work.

and then Microsoft should be creating a fix down the road.

Stacy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: