Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 303G2 language change to Italian

voiptelekom
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Is anyone knows the way to change the english menu in the Cisco 303G2 phone into italian language?

Any suggestion would be helpful.

Thank you in advance,

Gergely

8 Replies 8

zbenko
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Gergely,

Please find the XML dictionary files at this link:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-11463#comment-7107

Select the version matching your FW version and you'll find the Italian XML dictionary file.

Put the English and Italian XML files into the same folder which will be the root folder for your tftp server (like tftpd32).

Then you'll need to configure the IP phone in Admin login, Advanced, Regional tab:

Dictionary Server Script: serv=tftp://aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd;d0=English; x0=spa50x_30x_en_v746.xml; d1=Italian;x1=spa50x_30x_It_v746.xml

Language Selection: Italian

Default Character Encoding: UTF-8

aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd is the IP address of your tftp server.

Hope this helps, and please do not hesitate to post if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Zsolt

P.s.: This process has to be done only once, the IP phone will retain the new language untill factory reset.

Thanks,

I give it a try, the phone is not here, so i have to do it remotely.

If i cannot check it today i send answer after the 25th of July.

Thanks/Köszi!

Gergo

No problem, also for your kind information it is indeed possible to use FTP or HTTP instead of tftp for transferring the XML files if that would suit you better for a remote configuration.

Best regards / Üdv.,

Zsolt

Ok, we can use any of these. When i get the remote access i check it.

Thank you for your kind information.

Best regards / Üdv,

Gergő

Hi,

The phone is just working fine. A question, if i leave the settings in the phone, and i stop the TFTP server, the phone after reboot will be still italian, or it loose the setting because of the missing TFTP file?

Thanks / Köszi,

Gergely

Hi,

Glad to hear it worked out for you. The phone uses the TFTP server only when it downloads the selected language XML for the first time so once you have Italian on the phone you won't need the TFTP until you factory reset the IP phone.

Regards / Üdv.,

Zsolt

Sorry, I've followed theese instructions too, to upgrade italian language. But after all in the phone menu at the language option, i can choose english/italian, but after selecting Italian and save it, the phone lang don't change. I try to restart but i can see ever english language. Any suggestion?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: