Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO 7941G SECOND SIP LINE REGISTRATION

jebinptom
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

i have one Cisco 7941G configured with Sip firmware and registered with Asterisk Server. Currently only line1 is active, i want to know if we can add second SIP extension which going to registrer in different asterisk server. Kindly advise

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

<sipLines>
        <line button="2">
            <featureID>9</featureID>
            <featureLabel>99999</featureLabel>
            <proxy></proxy>
            <port>5060</port>
            <name>99999</name>
            <displayName>33</displayName>
            <autoAnswer>
               <autoAnswerEnabled>2</autoAnswerEnabled>
            </autoAnswer>
            <callWaiting>3</callWaiting>
            <authName>2ND NUMBER USERNAME</authName>
            <authPassword>2ND NUMBER USERNAME</authPassword>
            <sharedLine>false</sharedLine>
            <messageWaitingLampPolicy>1</messageWaitingLampPolicy>
            <messagesNumber>*97</messagesNumber>
            <ringSettingIdle>4</ringSettingIdle>
            <ringSettingActive>5</ringSettingActive>
            <contact>33</contact>
            <forwardCallInfoDisplay>
               <callerName>true</callerName>
               <callerNumber>true</callerNumber>
               <redirectedNumber>false</redirectedNumber>
               <dialedNumber>true</dialedNumber>
            </forwardCallInfoDisplay>
	    </line>   
	</sipLines>

View solution in original post

Just add what I posted into the SEPmacaddress.cnf.xml and factory reset the phone.

View solution in original post

17 Replies 17

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Can be done.

Hi Leo,

Thanks for your Reply. Can you please advise how to add the configuraton file . Attached is the current configuration file which having Extension 33  (Secret "family33" )  Registered in SIP Server 10.200.200.253. I want to add second SIP extension 33 going to register in SIP Server 10.50.50.253. Can you please advise how to do it.

Where is the SEPmacaddress.cnf.xml file?

Hi Leo,

Please find the attached configuraton file.

Hi Leo,

Any update ? can you please help me out here ?

Hello All, Appreciate if anyone can help me in configuring in additional Sip line in CIsco 7941 g. i have one Cisco 7941G configured with Sip firmware and registered with Asterisk Server. Currently only line1 is active, i want to know how  we can add second SIP extension which going to registrer in different asterisk server.  here is the scenario . Present configuraton is one extension (33 with secret "family33" ) registered in SIP Server 10.200.200.253. (Configuration file attached in txt format). So here i want to add second sip line with same extenson number 33 and secret "family33" to be registered in my Second SIP Server 10.50.50.253. Can someone please help me with the configuration file.

<sipLines>
        <line button="2">
            <featureID>9</featureID>
            <featureLabel>99999</featureLabel>
            <proxy></proxy>
            <port>5060</port>
            <name>99999</name>
            <displayName>33</displayName>
            <autoAnswer>
               <autoAnswerEnabled>2</autoAnswerEnabled>
            </autoAnswer>
            <callWaiting>3</callWaiting>
            <authName>2ND NUMBER USERNAME</authName>
            <authPassword>2ND NUMBER USERNAME</authPassword>
            <sharedLine>false</sharedLine>
            <messageWaitingLampPolicy>1</messageWaitingLampPolicy>
            <messagesNumber>*97</messagesNumber>
            <ringSettingIdle>4</ringSettingIdle>
            <ringSettingActive>5</ringSettingActive>
            <contact>33</contact>
            <forwardCallInfoDisplay>
               <callerName>true</callerName>
               <callerNumber>true</callerNumber>
               <redirectedNumber>false</redirectedNumber>
               <dialedNumber>true</dialedNumber>
            </forwardCallInfoDisplay>
	    </line>   
	</sipLines>

Hi Leo,

Thanks for your reply. I Have few doubts on the configuration you sent to me.

1.  Sip server for both extension is different , i am not seeing sip server 2 field in the forwarded configuration file.

2. is this configuraton, i can just add as next line in sepmac.conf.xml

Just add what I posted into the SEPmacaddress.cnf.xml and factory reset the phone.

Dear Leo,

Thanks for your great help. Its working great...I was using two phones for this purpose and now i can use single ..You are the best mate. Thanks a lot again.

However i have one small issue, i have some common extensions in two sip registrations server, and if i try to call those common extension number it will dial always from line1. For example i have one extension number 888  having in both sip servers and if i dial from line2 it will connect automatically from line1 always. You have any idea ?

Anyway thanks a ton again...

@jebinptom wrote:

However i have one small issue, i have some common extensions in two sip registrations server, and if i try to call those common extension number it will dial always from line1. For example i have one extension number 888  having in both sip servers and if i dial from line2 it will connect automatically from line1 always. You have any idea ?

I don't understand.  Can you explain some more?

Hi Leo,

This is the scenario,
Line 1 is Registered as Extension-33 in Sip Server 10.200.200.253 which located in Branch 1
Line2 is registered as Extension - 33 in Sip Server 10.50.50.253 which located in Branch 2
Branch1 & Branch 2 have few common extensions for eg;888. And if i try to call branch 2 extension-888 ,even after selecting line2 this will always select line1 only. and connect to branch 1. Hope it clear now.

That's confusing.
What happens if you use Line 2 and ring extension 888?

if i select line 2 and dial 888, it will automatically select line1 and go to line1 branch extension. All common extensions having this problem. if the extension is only in one sip server it works ok. For eg extension 875 is only in sip2 server , and if we select line2 and dial 875 it will connect to branch2 as expected.  I Think i need to create different extensions for different locations if there is no workaround available.

Also can you please help me with phone time settings. we are from Qatar GMT+3 , i dont have clear idea how to set is Cisco sepmac. conf. Below is the configuration in my configuration. Because of this , my phone time shows wrong

<devicePool>
<dateTimeSetting>
<dateTemplate>M/D/Ya</dateTemplate>
<timeZone>Eastern Standard/Daylight Time</timeZone>
<ntps>
<ntp>
<name>0.centos.pool.ntp.org</name>
<ntpMode>Unicast</ntpMode>
</ntp>
</ntps>
</dateTimeSetting>
<callManagerGroup>
<members>

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: