Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8861 - 3PCC Initial SetUp - Web Login Username/Password

Pixel434
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I just have a new Cisco 8861 phone which I am looking to set up. I cannot see in any of the documentation what the default username and password is for the phone when going to set it up and add all the SIP Details - can anyone point me in the right direction for what these should be, so when I go to the web interface to set up, what I need to enter?

Thanks in advance,

3 Replies 3

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

But beware - MPP Users Guide says:

Set a Password on Initial Phone Boot Up

The first time your phone boots up, you may be prompted to set a password. If you are not prompted, your
administrator has created a password for you.

It's about User Password !!

You are wishing to read Administrators Guide -> Cisco IP Phone Installation -> Third-Party Call Control Setup -> Administrator and User Accounts:

The administrator account name is admin; the user account name is user. These account names cannot be changed.

... If the service provider sets an administrator account password, you are prompted for it when you click Admin Login. If the password does not yet exist, the screen refreshes and displays the administration parameters. No default passwords are assigned to either the administrator or the user account.

I also purchased a used/ allegedly new PID: CP-7861-3PCC-K9  It is coming up with a PAPA Johns logo, and when I link to it on my browser, I can only login in as a user not Admin. I did a factory reset, but is is still is not allowing me to access Admin to configure it.  Any suggestions?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: