Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8941 video feature not working on BE3K

billymobilizer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I configured  VLAN 5 ( 192.168.5.0/24 ) AND VLAN 2 (192.168.2.0/24)  in a simple network with  Cisco Router 877 + Cisco 2960-S Switch . I  put  BE3K on VLAN 2 with  ip address 192.168.2.2 /24 and  192.168.2.3/24 ( media source).   I also connected  some  8941 video phones on VLAN 5 AND VLAN 2 , those phone registered successfully to BE3K.

The problem is ALL  Cisco 8941 on VLAN 5 can't make/recieve video calls but only voice call  inside and outside the VLAN. 

Does anyone have the same issue before ?

9 Replies 9

sanjsinh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Billy

Can we start with the BE3K traces to see what the problem may be?

Thanks

Hi Billy,

Can you ensure if both the 8941 Phones are associated with different sites then, make sure Video Check box enable in Call Quality Tab under Edit Site -> CentralSite/RemoteSite.

Thanks,

Anil

I figured out by adding VLAN 5 192.168.5.0/24 to Sites-> Central site -> Edit -> General -> Internal network  and now the video feature works.  but i don't quit understand the difference between Central site and Remote site in BE3K.  In my case, VLAN 5 should be remote site , isn't it ? 

Hi Billy,

Yes, your VLAN 5 can be in Remote Site. To Work Video, you need to make sure Video Check box enable in Call Quality Tab [Call Between Sites] under Edit Site -> RemoteSite. Whatever IP subnet you are using for End Point that should be added in Site Subnet.

Please refer BE3K admin guide to know more about Sites.

Salnikov Andrey
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I have very familiar problem. But my phone Cisco 8941 and BE3000 are in the same subnet 192.168.1.0. 8941 successfully registered on BE3K and can make calls but video feature is not enabled (MENU->Preference->Camera Settings->  there is no option Video->on/off which means that video isn't enabled). CIPC has the same promblem.

In administration guide I found only this option, but it didn't help.

Can you please let us know which phone you’re using to establish video call in the other end? Is it a video phone or jabber?

By default video feature will be enabled in the phones, when you register video phones (8941 and 8945) to BE3k in the central site, you will be able to make video calls.

The check box is used to establish a video calls between the sites.

Mohhamed, thanks.

I tried to call from 8941 to Cisco IP Communicator and I from CIPC to CIPC (v 8.6.1.0 ) with Cisco Unified Video Advantage (v. 2.3.0.119). There is no VIDEO icon on CIPC below in the right corner of the screen, which means video is not enabled.

Video on CIPC is not supported. Video on CIPC requries CUVA. CUVA is supported only with SCCP mode of CIPC. CIPC is supported in SIP mode on BE3K.

If you need video with Softclient, please use Jabber on Windows.

Thanks

Thank you very much for your answer. Very useful.