Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9971 programming limitations Cisco UC560 8.6.1

Help Desk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

We are trying to utilize these 9971's at our office for R&D Purposes, but we are running into issues with them.  We have upgraded to the 8.6 to support these phones and we can get them to may calls, but we are running into issues, including:

- Obviously these 9971's are SIP only.  First thing is that we cannot make calls between SCCP and SIP phones.  I was told by a Cisco engineer that this was fixed with the release of 8.6.1

- Programmable Buttons.  We are unable to program almost anything on these phones except for the extension.  Does 8.6.1 alleviate this as well?  It doesn't make sense to have a phone that has buttons that are able to be programmed without any functionality to program them.

- In addition, hunt groups/blast groups/ et al were not available to these SIP extensions as well. 

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.  In addition, if you have deployed these already, can you provide some more information as to what it is capable/not capable of?

Thanks as always,

HelpDesk

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Actually you should be able to do all the three things you mentioned, however if the CCA doesn't let you, you will have to use CLI.

Note however that for solid, predictable results, it's always better to use 79xx phone in SCCP mode.

Yes i agree as we currently use 7975's and are very happy with them.  We would like to use this so we can be sure of how they may be incorporated in the future.

I logged in via CLI (Running SW 8.6) and there is no ephone-dn for the SIP Phones.  So i imagine that cli config is different than that of a SIP phone.

Do you have any info on what the config needed for 9971 may be?

It is the voice register stuff, you can seach documentation or the forum, as it is well known and discussed material.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: