Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco BE6000 Licensing

savio.ibrahim
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I have a question concerning Cisco BE6000 licensing. I'ts clear that MD server support 1000 users and 1200 devices.

In this case, Can I add additional phones from UPM or CUCM without being associated to a user ? Means,that I can have 200 additional phones without users and 1000 users associated to a phone.

Can I add a phone directly from CUCM and not from UPM ? Does UPN updated directly its users and phone directory from CUCM ?

Kindly reply, it's an urgent request

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Christopher Lunsford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

BE6000 licensing is based on licensing users and unassociated  devices.  An unassociated phone still consumes the "User Connect  License" that is required for that type of phone.  You are correct in  saying that the MD server does support up to 1200 devices, so as long as  you are licensing and deploying no more than 1,000 users (think total  and configured licenses/users) and 1,200 devices... Then you are in good  shape.

I presume that you are using Cisco Prime Collaboration  Provisioning (PCP) instead of the older UPM.  With CPC, you can add  phones and users into UCM and they will be "synced" over to CPC at the  next configured sync schedule.  No problem.

It is still  a good idea, from a change management perspective, to add/move/change  user services in CPC.  It will keep track of everything that has been  done to/for a user. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Christopher Lunsford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

BE6000 licensing is based on licensing users and unassociated  devices.  An unassociated phone still consumes the "User Connect  License" that is required for that type of phone.  You are correct in  saying that the MD server does support up to 1200 devices, so as long as  you are licensing and deploying no more than 1,000 users (think total  and configured licenses/users) and 1,200 devices... Then you are in good  shape.

I presume that you are using Cisco Prime Collaboration  Provisioning (PCP) instead of the older UPM.  With CPC, you can add  phones and users into UCM and they will be "synced" over to CPC at the  next configured sync schedule.  No problem.

It is still  a good idea, from a change management perspective, to add/move/change  user services in CPC.  It will keep track of everything that has been  done to/for a user. 

Thank you Christopher, much appreciated for the information.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: