Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Expressway with BE6K

Ajay Singh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

If we propose Cisco Expressway on Cisco BE6k, how many applications we can have with medium density? AS i check dockwiki, 4 apps + 1 mandatory

prime collaboration.

So my understanding is on a medium density BE6K bundle, we can have 4 apps (CUCM + CUC + Expressway C + Expressway E) and 1 mandatory prime collab provisioning. Is my understanding about sizing is correct? Is there anything else for Mgmt or ELM is also required??

Ajay          

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Andrew Hickman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ajay,

It is not mandatory to install install Prime Collaboration - but this is the only option for the "+1".  If you don't deploy PCP, then all of the server resources may be dedicated to your collaboration applications.

In this case, you will have 2 CPUs each for UCM, Expressway C and Expressway E, 1 for CUC and 1 reserved for ESXi - so this is valid for a Medium Density server (8 CPU).  The memory footprint will fit too.

ELM is co-resident with UCM, so no need for a separate install there.

You'll just need to decide how to manage your network connectivity / separation for Expressway C / E. This document might be of interest for this.

Hope this helps,

Andy

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Andrew Hickman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ajay,

It is not mandatory to install install Prime Collaboration - but this is the only option for the "+1".  If you don't deploy PCP, then all of the server resources may be dedicated to your collaboration applications.

In this case, you will have 2 CPUs each for UCM, Expressway C and Expressway E, 1 for CUC and 1 reserved for ESXi - so this is valid for a Medium Density server (8 CPU).  The memory footprint will fit too.

ELM is co-resident with UCM, so no need for a separate install there.

You'll just need to decide how to manage your network connectivity / separation for Expressway C / E. This document might be of interest for this.

Hope this helps,

Andy

Hi Andrew,

THank you very much for your response, this was definately very helpful inclearing all my doubts. After looking at the document that you have shared, i think there wont be a challenge if i host the server in my DC& extend the services to customer by placing the firewalls appropriately.

Ajay

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: