cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ip phone Spa509G firmware upgrade problem

noc
Level 1
Level 1

My ip phone current software version is : 7.4.4 I am going to upgrade to latest version  i have downloaded the  file

check attached print screen

but during upgrade it is giving these error :

check attached print screen

i have did the old version with ftp also did not transfer the file  and bin file

inside the telepone  set the upgrade is also not restricted

5 Replies 5

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Read firmware Release Notes. You should do it before any upgrade as it may contain critical information related to the upgrade as well as mandatory steps required to upgrade. Sometime the incorrect upgrade may irreversibly brick your phone.

In this particular case, the "Before You Upgrade" paragraph is your friend.

Yes i know but how can upgrade from 7.4.4 to 7.4.5 ?? the procedure of
upgrading i need that information the other main step which mention in the
note i will take care

It seems I don't understood what you are trying t do. You claimed upgrade to latest firmware, but now you are mentioning 7.4.5 version instead.  But 7.4.5 have nothing to do with upgrade to 7.6.2f so I'm unsure what you are doing.

OK, step by step to avoid further confusion. You are trying to upgrade to 7.6.2f and you are following 7.6.2f Release Notes. What particular sentence/paragraph you have issue to follow ?

the release not was mentioned to first upgrade to that 7.4.5 then.... check
that notes yes my ip phone current version is 7.4.4 so it possible to
direct upgrade to the latest version or we must upgrade to lower then step
by step to latest one my question on the procedure of upgrading as well

my ip phone current version is 7.4.4 so it possible to direct upgrade to the latest version

No, it's not possible. Release Notes are very clear about it: "When you upgrade a Cisco SPA50X or Cisco SPA30X IP Phone that is running a release prior to 7.5.2b, you must first upgrade to 7.5.2b before you upgrade to a later release." . You have version 7.4.4, e.g. the one prior 7.5.2b, so you can't upgrade directly to 7.6.2f.

we must upgrade to lower

Yes, Release Notes are very clear about it. When you upgrade a Cisco SPA50X or Cisco SPA30X IP Phone that is running a release prior to 7.5.2b, you must first upgrade to 7.5.2b before you upgrade to a later release." . You have version 7.4.4, e.g. the one prior 7.5.2b, so you are obliged to upgrade to 7.5.2b first.

then step by step to latest one

No, once you upgraded to 7.5.2b as commanded by Release Notes, you can upgrade directly to 7.6.2f. Release Notes mentions no step-by-step upgrading in such case.