Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SPA 504G -Forward incoming call before answer-

christos85
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there,

I would like to ask if it is possible to enable a line key and/or a softkey to forward an incoming call to the voice mail or another number before I answered the phone (ringing mode).

I have already read the administrator guide for the Cisco 504G but there is nothing related to that. Is there any other document that I can refer to?

Thank you in advanced

2 Replies 2

rowseyba1
Level 1
Level 1

Christos,

There should be an "Ignore" soft key that comes up on the phone when it's ringing.  This would shuffle the call to your VM box if you push it.  What system are you connected to?

Such key trigger "Busy" state on the phone for the purpose of incomming call. Some exchange will forward the call to VM box then.

But it seems to be not the feature that Christos asked for. Unless I misunderstood the original question, Christos is asking for device/user driven call forward to ad-hoc selected destination, not exchange driven forward to fixed destination. Something like blind transfer, but for not-yet-connected call.

BXfer soft-key can be used for it, but internal processing connected and unconnected calls will not be same.

For not-yet-connected calls phone should ask user for destination, then it should deflect call using 302 code response.

The implementation of such feature seems to be rather trivial, but as far as I know, there is nothing like it implemented in phone.