Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco spa 504G with Headset - can't use dialpad

solace10
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Have been gifted a SPA 504G phone - older phone but works great, updated the firmware to latest and bought a Jabra Evolve 30 headset to use for those long calls where you need handsfree

All good except when making calls I have to use speakerphone to be able to "press 1 for sales" etc selections... in other words, the headset seems to disable the use of the dial pad for Auto Attendant selections ....

The workaround is you have to switch from headset to speaker phone to be able to use dialpad again and then switch back to headset, but just wondered if there was a fix for this 

2 Replies 2

solace10
Level 1
Level 1

I also discovered that the headset mic doesn't seem to work (but the headset speakers / earphones do).

I am using the Jabra Evolve 30 II   - I bought a 3.5mm to 2.5mm converter jack.  It connects fine.

Anyone have any thoughts?  Is this headphone just not going to work (not compatible) or could it be a phone config issue?

#

SPA504G Jabra headset issue

Hello,

Here is the Jabbra-Cisco compatibility guide:

https://www.voipsupply.com/downloads/dl/file/id/23431/jabra_cisco_guide.pdf 

Although your model is not listed and this might be incompatibility issue it should be no problem when using the dial pad for the auto attendant and the headset. There seem to be no limitations when placing a call with the wired headset connected. Is the phone provisioned? Did you try with any other headset?

Take a look at the section "Using the Headset with Your IP Phone" in the user guide:

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/csbpipp/ip_phones/user/guide/50X_sip_user_guide_source/500_SIP_user.pdf

Regards,

Martin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: