Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SPA Adding pause and wait in Speed dial entry of soft key

Hello,

I would like to program a soft key to dial a number and then pause 3 seconds and then send 2 digits then to prompt th euser to enter values, which will then should be sent.

Is this possible in speed dial entry in Cisco SPA 500 series phones.

Here is what exactly I would like the phone to do

Dial 1234 ; wait for 3 seconds; dial * ; prompt user to dial 4 digits ;send the digits; prompt user to dial another 4 digits ; send the digits.

In Polycom handset i can achive this is below

1234$Tinvite$$Cwaitconnect$$Cpause3$*$P6N4$$P7N6$#$Tdtmf$4$Tdtmf$

Thanks

Robert

8 Replies 8

Patrick Born
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Robert,

The SPA phones do not currently support pauses in speed dials. This feature is on our roadmap but I don't yet have a timeframe.

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

Any updates on getting pause to work in speed dials?  I'm trying to forward calls to extension 70 in asterisk and wanted a pause so I can hear what extensions the call park went to.  The pause might help me get this to work.

Hi Jim,

1. The speed dial feature was added in firmware release 7.5.1 and is documented on pages 5-7 of the 7.5.1 release notes.

Use the reference doc in my signature if you need help locating the release notes.

2. WRT to hearing the park orbit in Asterisk, I don't believe that the pause will provide the desired effect. Try instead, configuring:

SIP tab > SIP Parameters > Keep Referee When REFER Failed:yes

This parameter is described in the SPA500 Administration Guide.

Regards,

Patrick---

Use this reference document to locate SPA ATA resources

Use this reference document to locate SPA phone resources

Hi Patrick,

I am looking for one solution to implement on SPA303. Currently my SPA303 has VoIP line configured as Hot line to reach SPA232 via VoIP and then SPA232 will give me PSTN dial tone to make final PSTN call. 

What I am looking here is, I have to add the hotline configuration and final PSTN number as speed dial on the 2nd line of my SPA303. So that when I press the 2nd line the call should get connected automatically. 

It seems you wish to have 2nd line key configured to send DTMF over already connected call. Unfortunately, it is not possible as far as I know.

You are trying to combine SPA232D and SPA303 into smart complex phone system. But both devices are just end phones. They are dedicated to connect to a smart PBX which should provide required special features to you.

Thanks Dan,

Since, all three extensions are individually configured with different numbers and providers, I thought we can use 2nd line to use different dial plan in where we can club hot line and another number. It would be like... (S0 <:VoIPNumber> P5<:PSTNnumber> | xx)

It seems I missed your goal in my first answer. Thus second attempt.

I assume now you has read Release Notes for Cisco Small Business IP Phone SPA5XX and SPA30X Firmware Version 7.5.1 (mentioned above) and you are trying to use Speed Dial Wait, Pause, and DTMF feature in dial plan.

The release notes describe it for Speed Dial only. It may or may not work if used in Dial Plan. Just try. If it will work, you have luck, but remember it's undocumented feature - future firmware revision may have different behavior. If it will not work, then you are out of luck - you are asking for feature not implemented in phone. You may call SMB Support center with feature request, but your chances it will be implemented in reasonable time are very low.

A kind of simple PBX can be used to implement the logic you wish for.

Hi Patrick,

That's perfect it works as expected now, where I get the Call Park extension before it transfers.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: