cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Welcome to the Cisco Small Business Community

Have a question? Click on a topic board below to get started in the community.
Get the latest news in this issue of the Cisco Small Business Monthly Newsletter

Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

Cisco SPA303 Custom Ringtones Format

Sirs,
I'm tryng to load a custom ringtone to the Cisco SPA303 IP Phone, referring the guide at link:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/collaboration-endpoints/spa303-3-line-ip-phone/qa_c67-613606.html

I'm using a file with the ".g726" format, converted from a .wav with an audio conversion tool.

Where can i download some custom ringtone to try with the phone?

Regards,

Davide.

Everyone's tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Advocate

I'm unsure I understand the

I'm unsure I understand the question. You have custom ringtone file already. You had created it from .wav with audio conversion tool.

So you are asking how to import it into the phone ? But such question has been self-answered by you - you copied relevant part of documentation describing it.

So what's the issue ?

Highlighted
Beginner

When i launch the query the

When i launch the query the web interface tell me that the phone is applying the changes but nothing happens, when i go to ring tones from menu the custom one is empty.

Maybe the audio file is corrupted or the format is incorrect... 

Which software u suggest for conversion?

Which bitrate - frequency its correctly supported by the phone? 

Why in the guide the example indicate a midi file? Are they compatible? 

In short, even if i followed the instructions i cant get ringtones work. 

Many thanks. 

Highlighted
Advocate

At the first, verify the file

At the first, verify the file has been requested and downloaded from the server.

Turn on syslog&debug (highest level) and catch them. It should disclose the details.

Most common issue is incorrect length. If I remember correctly, the custom ringtone length must not exceed 6 seconds.