Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SPA303 Custom Ringtones Format

davide.concio
Level 1
Level 1

Sirs,
I'm tryng to load a custom ringtone to the Cisco SPA303 IP Phone, referring the guide at link:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/collaboration-endpoints/spa303-3-line-ip-phone/qa_c67-613606.html

I'm using a file with the ".g726" format, converted from a .wav with an audio conversion tool.

Where can i download some custom ringtone to try with the phone?

Regards,

Davide.

3 Replies 3

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'm unsure I understand the question. You have custom ringtone file already. You had created it from .wav with audio conversion tool.

So you are asking how to import it into the phone ? But such question has been self-answered by you - you copied relevant part of documentation describing it.

So what's the issue ?

When i launch the query the web interface tell me that the phone is applying the changes but nothing happens, when i go to ring tones from menu the custom one is empty.

Maybe the audio file is corrupted or the format is incorrect... 

Which software u suggest for conversion?

Which bitrate - frequency its correctly supported by the phone? 

Why in the guide the example indicate a midi file? Are they compatible? 

In short, even if i followed the instructions i cant get ringtones work. 

Many thanks. 

At the first, verify the file has been requested and downloaded from the server.

Turn on syslog&debug (highest level) and catch them. It should disclose the details.

Most common issue is incorrect length. If I remember correctly, the custom ringtone length must not exceed 6 seconds.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: