Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SPA303 hot line support

tristandean
Beginner
Beginner

Hi Guys

We are wanting to configure a pair of Cisco SPA303s to support hot line functionality. I.E. When the phone goes offhook, it immediately dials a particular number without the user having to press any buttons. We are using SIP as the signalling protocol.

According to the datasheet, this is possible (perhaps only for SCCP though?):

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/phones/ps10998/data_sheet_c78-601648.pdf

However, I can't figure out how to do it. I have scoured the phone and web interface options and can't find anything. I have also checked the XML configuration template for the SPA30X and 50X phones. I can't figure out which option allows me to do this.

Has anyone else done this before? Would they mind sharing how they did it?

I have tried searching these forums and Google to no avail. If I've missed something, please point me in the right direction.

Thanks a ton!

1 REPLY 1

abrenes26
Beginner
Beginner

Hi,

Go to the web page of the phone. Each line under the SPA has a Dial-Plan option. You just need to paste the next code in order to do the PLAR (HotLine).

(P1<:extesion> | (9,8<:1408>[2-9]xxxxxx | 9,8,1[2-9]xxxxxxxxx | 9,8,011xx. | 9,8,xx.|[1-8]xx)

PX=Pause for X second.

extension= where you want to auto dial.

In my case

(P1<:2002> | (9,8<:1408>[2-9]xxxxxx | 9,8,1[2-9]xxxxxxxxx | 9,8,011xx. | 9,8,xx.|[1-8]xx)

the phone automatically call to extension 2002

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: