I've 2 SPA504G connected to an Asterisk box (Elastix).
What i'm intresting to is the way for Provision the config information.
I read all the User Guide that i found in the web (Cisco pubblication) and many forum, but i not can understand all in a right way.
This is what i make:
- My DHCP provide IP address and TFTP address (Option 150 for Microsoft DHCP)
- The SPA504G obtain an IP address and connect to the TFTP server
- If i debug the TFTP server i can see that at the first time and/or after a Factory reset, the SPA504G search first for a file called "SEPXXXXXXXXXXXX.cnf.xml" (where XXXXXXXXXXXX is the Mac Address of the phone) and after for a file called "XMLDefault504G.cnf.xml"
- For give a multilevel provisining, i think that is good if i create the "XMLDefault504G.cnf.xml" and in this file i put the basic information, in the Profile_Rule i indicate the second level provision file with the specific information of every phones in the net.
- after i create a "/cisco/spaxxxxxxxxxxxx.xml" file with other config information.
Now, this is the point:
- If i attach a new SPA504G to the network, or if i make a Factory Reset of a phone, i can see (in debug TFTP) that the phone search in the server for "XMLDefault504G.cnf.xml", the file exist, but nothing appenes. The Phone boot but remain with default value (like no matter about the "XMLDefault504G.cnf.xml" file) and the phone not search for "/cisco/spaxxxxxxxxxxxx.xml" file
Listen: https://smarturl.it/CCRS8E41 Follow us: https://twitter.com/CiscoChampion
Let’s face it: today’s work is hybrid. Making hybrid work requires more than collaboration tools and SaaS applications. It’s about connecting people, dispa...
Join David Bombal as he busts the myths around Cisco Designed while building out an SMB network right at his desk.
David, a CCIE, CCSI and an educator, has delivered training courses all around the globe across multiple Cisco topics. And he’s desig...
This Chat covers the intersection of technology and social impact from community to global levels. Learn how digital maturity accelerates SMB growth and profits that can fund social programs and enable sustainable business practices like remote work.
This Chat covers the intersection of technology and social impact from community to global levels. Learn how digital maturity accelerates SMB growth and profits that can fund social programs and enable sustainable business practices like remote work. We'l...