Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Spa504g reboots quickly with legend checking DNS

JuanFco1978
Level 1
Level 1

Hello friends

I have  a  little problem with one device spa504g , I've done some configuration inside of this telephone , update of leguage Spanish , then my device SPA504G reboots quickly, then it appear a message checking dns and reboot again, 

some solution?

firmware 7.6.1

thank you..

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

For example if you configured remote provisioning, the provisioning file downloaded may trigger reboot. Wrong configuration of language may cause reboot as well.

We know nothing about current configuration of your device, so hard to guess the cause.

Turn on syslog & debug (highest level) and capture it. It will disclose more details.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

For example if you configured remote provisioning, the provisioning file downloaded may trigger reboot. Wrong configuration of language may cause reboot as well.

We know nothing about current configuration of your device, so hard to guess the cause.

Turn on syslog & debug (highest level) and capture it. It will disclose more details.

JuanFco1978
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Friend

I attached a file with mistake about spa504g, I did a change of lenguage at Spanish , then appear it.

can you help me!

Just shot of phone screen doesn't help so much. We need to know what the phone is doing. So...

1. reset it to factory default

2. configure it again same way, moreover turn on syslog&debug (highest level possible)

3. capture syslog&debug output as well as all network activity of the phone

The data captured will allow us to identify the cause.

I can't reset to factory this device, don't save changes.

if I can put this device with power supply 5v , this device don't reboot , however this device send me the same fail.

Sorry, I didn't understand. What you mean "don't save changes" in the context of "reset to factory default" procedure ?

Unfortunately, I don't understand even second sentence - what fault is the "same" ? What you mean "device send me fail" ?

I apologize for this misunderstood.

let me explain again more detail.

when I connect the telephone with the plug of network , my telephone reboots quickly. then it appears a legend of (checking dns) in the screen of the telephone, then reboots quickly

but If I connect the telephone with power supply of 5v , not reboots, But I can't to save changes , in the option number 14 factory reset.

thank you

I still don't understand.

Reset to factory default is about clearing of all saved configurations from the phone. Configuration is not saved but deleted. If there's no save, then no way the save can fail. I still don't know what save you are speaking of.

May be you should be very precise describing all steps you are doing. E.g. specify (exactly!) what you are doing, step by step. For every step describe what result you expect, what result you got instead.

Start with reset to factory default with phone disconnected from network.

Have you a retail phone (e.g. Customization is set to 'open') or a RC unit (e.g. Customization is set to anything but 'open') ?

Friend

when I did an update of lenguage at Spanish , the telephone  it started to reboots quickly, then I disconnected the telephone of the plug of network and before I connect with power supply of 5 vc then not reboots but I can't to save the changes,

You can't save changes where ?

in the telephone, man =(

I asked you to do some steps four days ago. You either didn't followed the steps, or you didn't described the results of each step to me.

You did something else instead, but you disclosed no details of your activity but "save configuration failed". And you even didn't disclosed details of "failed save".

OK, It seem I'm unable to help you. Sorry I wasted you time in void attempt.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: