cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SPA509G & SPA9000 PBX, I don't understand how to setup, boss getting impatient!

nikkolas1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello in our small company we have:

Cisco/Linksys SPA9000 PBX (Firmware 6.1.5)

4x Cisco SPA509G Phones

The boss ordered a fifth Cisco SPA509G phone but I can’t seem to get it to working.
Part of my job role is to look after the few computers we have but I didn’t set up the IT system and the phones here.

I’ve looked at some documentation online but I find it confusing/incomplete, I just connected the phone the network and tried using a wizard. Connecting to the SPA509G through the web admin I can see some settings match the other SPA509G phones.

In the admin interface on the SPA9000 the PBX Status shows the following

http://imageshack.com/a/img35/2876/a5m.PNG

Please help me!

5 Replies 5

t.klettke
Level 1
Level 1

Nicholas - have you tried logging in to the phone via http://12.12.12.45 and looked at the settings? Compare that with one of the others. I'm no expert on this system - but that's how I would start.

Hello Thomas, yes I have comapred the settings, most of them matched I dont think I changed much. Its not clear to me the actual steps for setting these phones up. I'm pretty good with these things but the phones confuse me.

A few observations that might help:

1. The new phone's doesn't show the MAC address. Is there a way to enter it into the SPA9000?
  2. The new phone has a newer firmware. Compare the settings in the phone's menu with one of the existing.
  3. You said that "most of them" matched - referring to the settings. Which settings don't match, and what are they?

1. The new phone's doesn't show the MAC address. Is there a way to enter it into the SPA9000?

I downloaded the Cisco Setup Wizard and ran it to see if that would help, I named the phone "Jame" during a step.

2. The new phone has a newer firmware.

The phone was bought recently so thats why. I did update the firmware on the SPA9000 PBX because old firmware only suppoerted four phone unless you paid for the update (now free).

You said that "most of them" matched - referring to the settings. Which settings don't match, and what are they?

It was the ip settings, dynamic instead of static, I cant remember what else, it wasnt much.

nikkolas1
Level 1
Level 1

Does anybody know a decent online guide on the web some where?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: