cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SPA525-G2 Inbound Calls Failing After an Interval

Rick Thomas
Level 1
Level 1

We have some Cisco SPA525-G2 phones deployed with a client who is using a cloud based SIP PBX.  The phones register fine, and outbound calls work fine.  Inbound calls work fine for about 2-3 minutes, but after that interval time period passes, the phones become unreachable and we get a message from the PBX stating that the extension is currently unavailable.

I poked around at the NAT settings on the phone, and don't see anything too useful there.  The NAT keepalive interval for the phones is set to 15 seconds.  I believe the client has a Cisco or Sonicwall firewall out in front of the phones.

Any tips or pointers are much appreciated!

Cory

1 Reply 1

rowseyba1
Level 1
Level 1

Cory,

If it's a Sonicwall firewall, check the firewall logs and see if it is dropping the calls.  I've seen the Sonicwall do this periodically.  Also, as a test, take one of the phones out from behind the firewall and see if the calls still drop.  Ditto if it's a Cisco firewall.  Check the logs and see if it's blackholing it for some reason. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: