Hi! We have several cisco spa525g2 ip phones with the latest firmware. We have googled and searched and cannot find out how to do a few things regarding the lcd screen wallpapers and screensavers. Can anyone help us!
Here's what we are having issues with. Yes we are aware Cisco may have discontinued all SPA300/500 products so we presume cisco tech support isnt looking at these forums nor is new firmware going to be released for these products. But we still want to use them with our SIP provider.
1. we can select a wallpaper that shows on the screen behind the line information, but there doesnt appear to be a screen dimming option that when the phone is not used the screen dims to reduce power but doesnt turn off. we see a backlight option that turns the screen off after X minutes but we need the screens to dim alittle when not in use. this is such a basic feature we have no idea why we cannot find this setting or why these $400 phones dont have it.
2. we cannot find any option to delete factory wallpaper pictures from the phone. no menu option gives the option to delete the wallpapers and when the screensaver plays it plays all the factory wallpapers and we want our company logos and better pictures to show on the screensaver. we do not want a picture of a leaf (lol) playing on the screen. this is silly we cannot chose what pictures play on the screensaver nor delete factory wallpapers and it also appears we can only load ONE extra wallpaper as when you chose a wallpaper from the USB stick it overwrites the previous wallpaper that was loaded from the USB stick. we find this strange.
3. anyone know if the 525G2s use POE standard or special cisco POE? we wanted to use these phones on POE switches but dont know if they need standard generic POE switches or used special cisco POE.
4. anyone want to guess why the 525g2 web gui looks like its from 1995? probably the ugliest clunkiest web gui we have ever seen and making changes in the gui are not easy and the phone has to reboot with every change... this is a $400 ip phone cisco?
5. anyone use the g722 HD codec and can give feedback on call quality on the handset and on speakerphone? would the phone make a good conference room phone that multiple people could use on a conference call in the same room and get great voice quality and echo cancellation.
6. anyone know any tricks or tips for the 525g2? anything that would help us would be appreciated. we can give you one which is remotely rebooting phone by adding '/reboot' at the end of the web gui to reboot the phone remotely if you arent in front of the phone or have to reboot for some reason.
Small businesses are facing the realities of the new normal and wondering what are the best ways to monitor, protect, manage and grow. Cisco understands the unique needs of small businesses and is committed to help overcome their top IT challenges. The fi...
What does the new normal mean for small business? Join this CiscoChat to learn how Cisco Designed, the portfolio curated for small business, can help small businesses adapt and thrive through the new normal and beyond.
We'll take your questions live...
Hi, i have an RV130W Wireless VPN router on which contrary to all advertisements i do not have gigabit LAN.The port links state 1000 full duplex however any LAN transfer is capped at about 20MBps, primarily because the router CPU reaches 100%. So this giv...
Join us in an exclusive Cisco Customer Connection briefing for a demonstration on the management capabilities within the Cisco Business Wireless product line for small businesses. For the lone-IT-superman, it is critical that the network products are easy...
This may be a simple question so I hope someone can help. We have several Cisco SG300\500 switches in L2 mode. Each switch has 8 VLANS and VLAN 1 is still native (For now). We do all routing between VLAN's on our firewall. After reading several ...