cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SPA525g2 Remote Phone not Registering with UC540

john.fleming
Level 4
Level 4

I am having an issue with getting an SPA525g2 to connect from a remote location back to the UC540 and register. 

I went through the process on CCA where I had the phone connected locally to the UC540 and it worked fine.  I ran the Remote Phone wizard and all went well with that.  So now the phone is at the remote location and connected to the internet.  It boots up and gets stuck at Downloading the config xml file and never registers. 

Am I missing something?  Does anyone else have any suggestions?  Anyone else have this working?

5 Replies 5

mdobiac
Level 3
Level 3

Hello john.fleming,

You could try on the SPA525G2 in its settings and if I remember under network settings the option is to enable the Alternative TFTP server and use 10.1.10.1.

This fix worked best on Software Pack 8.6.2 if you are using that.

Regards,

Michael D.

I am not overly familiar with the 525's but it looks like you need to make that change via the Profile is that correct?

Thing is the phone is set in a way that it will not let me edit that from the web browser.  Is there a way on the phone that you can enable configuration via the web?

John

Hello john.fleming,

To answer your question:  I am not overly familiar with the 525's but it looks like you need to make that change via the Profile is that correct?  No this will be done specifically on the SPA525G2 in LCD display going through the menus.

Thing is the phone is set in a way that it will not let me edit that from the web browser.  Is there a way on the phone that you can enable configuration via the web?  Mostly I recommend to stay away from making changes here as the UC540 will mostly control the configuration for the phones.  However for the SPA525G2 you will need to go under Settings > Network configuration you and enable the alternative TFPT server and enable Web server writable.

Hope this helps,

Michael D.

So does the Alternate TFTP option only become available after the setup for the UC540?

I have a factory reset one here at my desk and I do not see that option under Network Configuration.

Mr. john,fleming,

It is available when the phone is using the call control option of SCCP.

It will be near one of the last options.

Regards,

Michael D.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: