Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SPA5xx freezes (locks up) when presence (BLF) option is used

ikoimecs
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Support,

We faced the problem with phone lock up on the SPA5xx phones when presence (BLF) option is used.

I read some similar  topics about phone lock-ups and did not found any issue that is somehow related to presence,  but in our case it is related to BLF option configured on the phone or  Attendant console.

It looks like the phone is locking up after about 2 hours  of normal operation when Attendant Console configured to monitor other  extensions'  status (BLF+CP+SD). The phone is locked up only on user  interface: no buttons can be used, no calls can be accepted or made, no  answers to server messages, no registration. At the same time Web  interface still accessible, except configuration changes and reboot.  Only power reboot  brings the phone to life again. It happens about  every 2 hours. When BLF option is off, the phone works normally.

We made  investigations and found that the phone locks up on some Notify messages  and it is somehow related to Subscribtion expiration time (7200s=2h).  We found a workaround by decreasing expiration timeout to 20sec on the  server side, but it is certanly a Cisco Phone bug !!!

I can send  network traces and phone debugs, but there is nothing except that the  phone stops answering to the server requests at the moment of lock up.

Regards,

Ivo Koimecs

P.S.

we tested  on  Cisco SPA504G and SPA508G phones with different hardware  and  software combination with the same result:

Cisco SPA508G IP  Phone
HW: 1.0.0(0001)
SW: 7.4.4, 7.4.6 and the latest 7.4.7

Cisco SPA504G IP Phone
HW: 1.0.2(0001)
SW: 7.4.4, 7.4.6 and the  latest 7.4.7

Plus two different sidecars (changed between the  phones): Cisco SPA500S  Attendant Console
HW: 1.0.6
SW: 2.0.2

3 Replies 3

supportedu
Level 1
Level 1

We had similar issue with lockups and presence feature.

Only reflashing and comlete resetting helps (it was suggested by Cisco support).

Hi Roman,

Is this issue fixed completely by "reflashing and comlete resetting", I mean is this happen again after that ?

And what exactly this "reflashing" means, is it "Factory Default" or something else?

At least they know about that and I hope will fix in next releases !!!

Thanx

Ivo

I reflashed firmware, reset to factory defaults, setup phone from scratch and issue completely gone.

Really my issue was different from yours, just similar. It's descibed here: https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2057839?tstart=0.

I strongly advice you to contact Cisco engineers via phone or online chat. It would be much more efficiently than on forum. You can find which options are available for you here: https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/small-business/sbcountrysupport?view=documents

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: