cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UC320- Upload Speed Issues

brentcausey
Level 1
Level 1

Have a UC320 with a small network behind it. For 6 months we had a cable internet connection 3 Mbps down x 1 Mbps upload. Never had any issues with speed. Our business runs hundreds of credit cards per day.

Recently, we switched to a 10x10 fiber connection. When plugging straight into the connection I can get a full 10x10. When plugging into my switch on my network I get 10 down and 1 up.

The issue is that about twice a day a credit card transaction times out.

Is there any way to troubleshoot or see why the UC would be slowing my upload speed down to 1 Mbps?

Brent

1 Reply 1

janickle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The first thing I would check is the WAN configuration.  Click on Configuration and then under Network click on WAN.  Make sure the estimated uplink bandwidth is correct.  If this is right then here are some troubleshooting questions:

When you test the upload speed is your PC connected to the UC320W with no other traffic on the network? 

You may want to also run a packet capture to see why the credit card machine is completely timing out. 

Were there any other recent changes made on the network? 

Thank you,

Jason Nickle

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: