Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UC520 and VPN Connection Issue

brian.russell31
Level 3
Level 3

Hello All,

I have a strange issue with my VPN connection. I have configured the VPN connection using the CCA application and all seems to be correct when I check the profile. However when I connect using Cisco VPN Client 5.0.07.0440 when establishing the connection - I think an ACL may not be correct.

My default LAN Ip range is 10.54.8.0 and the Cisco IP Connection is 9.54.8.0. I also should have internet access from the VPN connection as well but it doesnt seem to permit the internet connection as well.

The same applies to my other Cisco UC520 in Scotland I get the same behavour so I dont know if it is client related or UC520 related.

The connections do get established to both sites but the IP addrss is ok but default GW and Subnett mask dont look correct.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Brian

4 Replies 4

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Brian,

If the VPN is establishing then you know that side of it is correct, the only other thing I can think of is that it is either one of two things, the routing is not correct and you should check your "ip route" table and make sure that is right, or your ACL's are not right... However either one of them should have been configured by CCA correctly unless you gave CCA the wrong information and it configured based on that.

You can try and use CCA to delete the firewall rules and recreate them, that may fix it which it has done so in the past, and you can also check in CCA if the routing tablets are correct.

Alternatively you can either post the CCA screen shots of those respective pages, or post the CLI configuration as a text tile with all the sensitive data removed, this way those items above can be checked properly

Cheers,

David Trad.

**When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon **

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi David,

Thanks for your email. I have attached several screen shots to see if you can spot what the issue is.

Let me know if you require anything further?

Thanks

Brian

Thanks

Brian

Can you show me the screenshots of the secondary system please?

Cheers,

David Trad.

**When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) **

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi David,

Sorry it has taken so long to reply.

Please see the attached screen shot of what IP I recieve when I VPN from my work office to my UC520 at home.

Thanks in advance

Brian