Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UC540 Night service Automatically switches off

John O'Malley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

We have a Cisco uc540 phone system in place at one of our clinets. It is setup to do all sorts of weird and wonderful things during the day but at night is set to use the night service.

The receptionist switches on the night service on Friday evening and then when they come back in Monday morning it has automatically switched itself off.

Sometimes it does it over a weeknight aswell e.g. they switch it on one evening and then its has automatically switched itself off the next day.

Any ideas?

Please help this is driving us crazy, we have checked the settings 100 times.

12 Replies 12

anjraj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi John,

I found an article that might assist you with your issue: Night Service Configuration on UC500 Series.

Hope this helps,

Anjana

Nope affraid not, as I say we have checked these setting 100 times.

The night service works perfectly but automatiocally switches itself off. Somenights it is fine buy that I mean it stays on all night but other nights and mostly weekends it will stiwch itself off.

Are there any auto switch off or reboot settings that could be kicking in that I don't know about?

Check the schedules. 

Its listed under Call handling, schedules, night service tab.  The night service will follow that to turn on/off.  Of course you can still turn it on manually, but if you do not the schedules will do it for you.

I have checked the schedules. Night serivce is set to come on at 17:30 and go off at 08:30 monday to friday and from 00:00 to 23:59 saturday and sunday.

This might sound bad, but have you checked the system time/timezone?

Yes I have checked this its set to GMT and has the same time as the network server.

and nothing sounds bad at the moment its driving us nuts.

I take it you are located in the GMT timezone and the time is the current time at your location?  I am just trying to rule stuff out as we are getting to the end of my knowledge on the subject.

Yep were in the GMT time zone we are in London UK and the system has the correct time

I am out of ideas, I just went through my whole setup for the night ring and you have checked all those settings.

Is there more then one phone that can turn the night ring on/off?

Also, if the schedule turns the night ring on/off, it will not show that on the phone but it is active.  That was one thing we found odd.  Only way to ensure it was working was to call the # and see if the auto attendant picked up.

We tried calling the number and it just followed the daily dialing plan.

There is more than 1 phone which can turn it on. Any of the 3 reception phones can turn it on/off they are part of a hunt group.

Sorry I cannot be of more help, I am completely out of ideas.

Don't worry so are we

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: