One Customer of mine are facing strange problem with Cisco 7931 IP Phone. They have Cisco UC540 configured with Cisco IP Phone 7931 model. Sometimes (60% of the calls) when the phone's in connected mode, the Transfer softkey disappear from the phone's display and they cannot make transfers. When this button disappear the hard transfer button does not work too. In the rest 40% of the calls everything's OK. Strange, right? . I've made a research for any similar bugs in cisco bug toolkit, but I didn't find any useful info.
I've the following config:
button 1:2 2m1 3m3 4m4
button 5m5 6m6 7m7 8m8
button 10m10 11m11 12m12 13m13
button 14:59 15:19
ephone-dn 2 octo-line
call-forward noan 14 timeout 15
softkeys idle Redial Newcall Cfwdall Dnd
softkeys seized Cfwdall Endcall Redial Meetme Callback
softkeys connected Endcall Hold Trnsfer TrnsfVM Confrn ConfList
P.S. Later I've noticed that the problem occurs with some 7911 IP Phones too. Not for all, but for a couple of them there is the same problem.
What IOS revision is the system running? For instance what software pack is installed??
The best way to diagnose problems like this is to ensure that the right ephone template is being issues to the right phone type (Normaly CCA takes care of this for you), also need to make sure that the most stable and newest firmware is installed, then factory reset the effected phones so they are forced to download a new image.
If the problem persists, let us know, we may be able to help you with this issue on the forums, but ultimately you should still log a case with SBSC just in case this is an emerging bug, and one that has not been reported before (But I am doubtful of that anyway).
Thank you for your reply! Answers of your questions:
1. What IOS revision is the system running?
Cisco IOS Software, UC500 Software (UC500-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 15.1(2)T4, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport
Copyright (c) 1986-2011 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
Compiled Tue 12-Jul-11 22:01 by prod_rel_team
Cisco UC540W-FXO-K9 (MPC8358) processor (revision 0x100) with 235520K/26624K bytes of memory.
Processor board ID FHK141676BE
MPC8358 CPU Rev: Part Number 0x804A, Revision ID 0x20
2.For instance what software pack is installed??
I think we're using the last software pack for UC540, namely 8.2.0
We've configured the UC via CLI instead of CCA. The phone has the last firmware avaialble in the software pack:
#sh ephone phone-load
SEP001BD53D960D SCCP31.8-5-4S SCCP31.8-5-4S Reset-Reset
I did not configure the phone type under the ephone-template, as u can see, but I'll try it. Maybe this can cause the problem, but I doubt.
I continue to facing this issue. Really, it's very strange. I made around 100 test calls and for 3-4 of then when I was in connected state suddenly the transfer sofkey dissapears, and after 3-4 minutes (durring this period I'm in a call) the button reappears.
From the debug i saw the following messages which maybe represnet the problem:
Thu Oct 04 11:10:08 2012: <191>31894: 049220: Oct 4 11:10:07.915: ephone-3[2/12][SEP001BD53D960D]:SkinnyCheckPendingCallBackPhone scan 22 lines
Thu Oct 04 11:10:12 2012: <191>31895: 049221: Oct 4 11:10:11.883: ephone_set_fxo_trunk_id: ENTER set voice-port Foreign Exchange Office 0/2/1 ip-addr 10.8.2.129
Thu Oct 04 11:10:15 2012: <191>31896: 049222: Oct 4 11:10:15.387: ephone-3[2/12][SEP001BD53D960D]:MediaPathEventMessage Handset ON
Thu Oct 04 11:10:15 2012: <191>31897: 049223: Oct 4 11:10:15.387: ephone-3[2/12]:MediaPathEventMessage
Thu Oct 04 11:10:15 2012: <191>31898: 049224: Oct 4 11:10:15.403: ephone-3[2/12][SEP001BD53D960D]:SoftKeyEventMessage event 2 line 0 callref 0
Thu Oct 04 11:10:15 2012: <191>31899: 049225: Oct 4 11:10:15.403: ephone-3[2/12]:Allow FAC when NewCall pressed.
Thu Oct 04 11:10:15 2012: <191>31900: 049226: Oct 4 11:10:15.403: ephone-3[2/12][SEP001BD53D960D]:SK NEWCALL line 0 ref 0
Thu Oct 04 11:10:15 2012: <191>31901: 049227: Oct 4 11:10:15.403: ephone-3[2/12][SEP001BD53D960D]:
Thu Oct 04 11:10:15 2012: <191>31902: 049228: Oct 4 11:10:15.403: bulk_speeddial_init_ephone: 2
Thu Oct 04 11:10:15 2012: <191>31903: 049229: Oct 4 11:10:15.403: ephone-3[2/12][SEP001BD53D960D]:SkinnyRestartTransferCollect for line 0 chan 1
Thu Oct 04 11:10:15 2012: <191>31904: 049230: Oct 4 11:10:15.403: ephone-3[2/12]:SkinnyRestartTransferCollect ignored