Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UC5xx VG202 configuration

mitchamrict
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I'm looking for a basic configuration for the uc5xx for the voice gateway 202.

The vg 202 is already configured correctly but in need to know how i can configure it in the ucxxx.

Does someone can tell me how i need to configure it into the uc5xxx?

Thx in advance,

Best regards,

Mitch Rouwette

Amr-ict

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Jus configure dial-peer on both devices, and that will make the basic configruation work.

Thx for the feedback.

The voice gateway has 2 ports 0/1 and 0/2. When i try to add those voice ports into the uc5xx it's gives a messages that the command isnt right. The uc5xx already has 4 fxo ports 0/0/0, 0/0/1 etc. How does the uc5xx recognizes the 2 voice gateway ports?

Can someone please past a example configuration?

Thx

How does the uc5xx recognizes the 2 voice gateway ports?

It doesn't, you will need to manually configure it.

If you are the end user, I strongly recommend that you hire a reputable consultant, or UC certified cisco partener for the job.

Otherwise, you have a lot to read and try.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3/vvf_c/dial_peer/dp_app_a.html

Thx but i still don't know how the uc560 recognizes the VG202.

I only see VG202 configuration but not the configuration for in the uc5xx.

I'm able to configure a whole uc5xx and did this a couple of times but this is a strange thing for me. In a CUCM it's very easy to connects a voice gateway and there is also a little configuration necessary in the CUCM to recognize the voice gateway.

Is there someone who has a configuration example that works for the vg202 and uc5xx?

Thx in advance.

Have you tried checking out this doc? It's for the VG224 but it is still applicable.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9486#comment-3138

Thx for the document but i already tried it.

I don't see the analog ports in CCA. It just makes no sense for me what i must do on the uc5xx so it will recognize the vg202. There must be some configuration on it so the uc5xx knows that there is a vg202 connected to it?

Actually the most configuration is to be made on the VG202 as "FXS ports in SCCP mode".

Once that is done, these will register to the UC500 as "type anl "ephone.

Ty.

Don't i have to do anything on the uc560 at all?

Does someone has an example of the configuration for the VG202?

Thx in advance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: