cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity Express 8.0.6: "Your recording is too short, record a longer message"

diego_ers
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All

I have a Cisco UC560-FXO-K9 with cme version 8.1, the CUE version is 8.0.6.

The system have been working fine since we got it like two years ago but a couple of weeks ago I started to have this issue with the CUE, everytime i call the voicemail of any user i get this message: "Your recording is too short, record a longer message" and i'm unable to leave any message to any user.

I checked the memory and i have enough space for new messages.

The AA is working fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

johschaf
Level 4
Level 4

I would upgrade CUE to version 8.6.5. There are lots of issues with the version of CUE you are running on the 560.

Thanks,

-john

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

johschaf
Level 4
Level 4

I would upgrade CUE to version 8.6.5. There are lots of issues with the version of CUE you are running on the 560.

Thanks,

-john

Thanks Johm,

I will try that and let you know how it goes.

Regards

diego_ers
Level 1
Level 1

Yesterday I did the upgrade and everything is working fine now.

Thanks!!

Bryant Seppelt
Level 4
Level 4

The root cause is that your CUE module is not receiving voice RTP packets, so you are trying to leave a voice mail of size 0 which results in a "too short" error. I discovered the issue by pinging the CUE service-module interface and getting zero replies. It was discovered that the ip access-lists on the routers were causing the loopback0 interface to not be advertised to each other via EIGRP. Once the ip access-list was fixed I was able to leave a voice mail OK.

Bryant Seppelt
Level 4
Level 4

I did not need to upgrade the CUE software to fix this problem. As long as you verify that everything is OK per the Cisco Unity Express Compatibility Matrix, then it is likely a configuration or routing issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: