Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WIP310 does not boot up

marcoakr8
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

For some time now I am no longer able to switch on the WIP310 (v2). I have tried draining the battery, removing the battery... but everytime I switch the phone back on it just stays stuck on the Cisco logo with the radiating signals... I never gets to the home screen.

Is there a way to do a hard reset of the phone? In the manual I can only find references to factory reset but that assumes that you can boot the device...

Thanks,

Marco.

5 Replies 5

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

Sounds like the firmware image is corrupted.  Download a wip310 firmware image at cisco.com and see if you can load that to the phone.

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

Sounds like the firmware image is corrupted.  Download a wip310 firmware image at cisco.com and see if you can load that to the phone.

Hi nseto,

I went to the Cisco download section and found the latest WIP310 Firmware download here:

Voice and Unified Communications > Cisco WIP310 Wireless-G IP Phone > IP Telephone Firmware > 5.0.11

Extracted and ran wip310-5.0.11.exe. It tells me that the upgrade ran successfully but when I switch my phone back on, I get the same issue. It never gets further than the Cisco logo.

I even download the WIP310 Setup Wizard (WIP310_WiFiWizard-1.0.17) but it does not recognise the device.

Thanks,

Marco.

If the unit is less than 1 year old, please contact our phone support for RMA procedures.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Hi!

If you get the Problem solved please report back. I have the same problem here with a WIP310-v2.

J

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: