Views
Helpful
Replies

Clear BMP BG Cache on Linksys SPA

taylornelson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have a Linkxyx SPA-962 with a custom BMP background image located on a local TFTP server. The image displays correctly, but its displaying an older version of the image, that no longer exists.

I have tried using a different image, and rebooting the phone etc etc but nothing seems to work. I recall having to completely reset the phone last time this happened.

So, my question is - is there a way to clear the cached version of the image? As it must be stored/cached somewhere to be getting this image.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

taylornelson
Level 1
Level 1

Its been nearly a month, and no one has replied to this

taylornelson
Level 1
Level 1

So I have moved this to the correct forum, and still havent gotten even a reply - great community here

klogata
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Taylor,

I'm sorry you didn't receive a response yet. Cisco shuts down between Christmas and New Year's which probably contributed to your question being missed.

I believe that if the URL for the file (in the BMP PIcture Download URL field) is not changed, then the phone won't re-download the file because it thinks nothing is changed (for example, if you updated the graphic but kept the old filename). I would try the following:

Change the filename of the graphic. Then, go into the phone GUI and change the BMP Picture Download URL to reflect the new filename. (Click the Phone tab and under General, make sure the BMP Picture Download URL reflects the correct url and new filename.)  For example, "tftp://server.domain.com/pictures/newfile.bmp" Then click Submit All Changes and see if the phone grabs the new file from the server.

If that doesn't work, try temporarily changing to the default background picture (Phone > General > Select Background Picture > Default), then Save. Then after the phone pulls the standard image, go back in and change it back to the custom graphic.

Hopefully one of these suggestions will work. If not, please update and I will forward to someone in Engineering for additional help.

Thanks,

Kerry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: