Views
Helpful
Replies

CLID missing on incoming calls

Pawan Arora
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am facing issue with my current setup. I am using CUCM be 3k with SPA8800, one PSTN line is terminating on the FXO line of SPA8800. and I am using an IP phone to use this line. I am able to see the caller id information on my cell phone if i dialed it from the IP phone. But when i recieved a call on the ip phone from outside, then it is showing "unknown number" as CLID.

regards,

Pawan Arora

9 Replies 9

nalbert
Level 4
Level 4

Pawan,

Which version on BE3K are you on? 8.6.4? If not please do go to 8.6.4? Which country are you seeing this issue in. Typically in the US, the Caller ID is recieved in between the 2 and 3rd ring. The SPA 8800 waits 4 seconds to collect the caller ID. If the Caller ID is not recieved by then, then you will not see the caller ID.

The only way to find out whats happening is by looking at the traces. Could you please open a case on this and send us the case number?

BE3k is running on 8.6.3, I have alrady opened a case with TAC and m waiting for their reply

sanjsinh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Which version of BE3K software are you using? This was fixed in 8.6.4 release.

Thanks

Hi Sanjay,

We have upgraded it to 8.6.4 but still getting "unknown number" on the IP phone.

Regards,

Pawan Arora

Hi Pawan

We will have to do a webex session to debug this further.

Please let me know when do you want me to set one up.

Thanks

Hi Sanjay,

I will let you know about the webex session tommorow morning as I have to first configrm with the customer.

Regards,

Pawan Arora

Andrew Hickman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First things first though - is CLI delivered to your PSTN line?  This is not always the case.  If you plug a typical analogue handset with a display in - do you see CLI on that for an incoming call?

If you do, then as Navin mantions, we'd need to take a closer look at what is happening on the SPA8800.  If not, you may need to have this service enabled by your telephone provider.

Is this installation in India?

Andy

Hi Andrew,

thanks for the information, I have already checked the same with analog handset and it is showing the CLID.

regards,

Pawan Arora

On the SPA8800 page, pl. check the value of PSTN pick up timer. If it is set to 0, please change it is to 4-5 sec.

Also, it will be good to upgrade to 8.6.4 build.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: