cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME Centralized voicemail

rushingnative
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if the CME can do centralized voicemail yet? We have a customer that has 2 offices linked through a point-to-point T1. They have CME routers at both locations. In order for them both to use the same voicemail and be able to forward voicemails to other extensions, we had to register all of the remote office phones to the main office's CME. Everything works great until the PTP link goes down. Then they have no phones at the remote office. If we can have a centralized voicemail, then we can register the remote office phones to their own router and if the link goes down, all they lose is voicemail....

Any ideas?

5 Replies 5

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If these are 2 UC500 sites they could be built as a multisite with access code extension dialing between them, and can keep individual extensions (could even be the same in both sites if desired or not).

Each site can have its own voice mail so that calls to that sites extension go to that sites CUE voice mail.   This way each sites phones have a local uninterrupted voice mail.

When calls come across site to site, we can configure call transfer control so it stays in that sites (terminating) voice mail.

Does this seem like an alternative?

I mention it only because of voice mail box size of any one site being quickly used up with 2 sites worth of subs.

These are CME not UC500 - they are on 2811 routers. The only problem with that is they would have to purchase another CUE for the remote office and they would not be able to forward messages between offices. This was installed several years ago when CME was just coming out and I knew that there have been many advances in features, but didn't know if this possibility existed yet.

This is not the right forum for ISR questions, but the deployment model you describe, with a central CUE module, is definitely supported.

Hope this helps,

Marcos

What forum can I place this question under? The question I have is not related to the router itself but specific to CME functionality - not UC500 either.

Thanks,

ttrentler
Level 4
Level 4

Here is a link to one way of doing it with Unity Express.  http://uc500.com/connect-ccme-and-cue-2-different-routers

You could also use Unity Connection or Unity for centralized Voicemail.

Ted

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: