Views
Helpful
Replies

CO Line lights up but does not ring

Derek Thom
Level 1
Level 1

Hello-

We have a customers UC520 that lights up the CO Line when a call is coming in, but it is a solid red light (doesn't flash). This lasts for about 10 seconds, and then it goes dark, lights up again, and then rings like it normally should (and the corresponding button flashes). If no one picks up then it goes to voicemail as normal. Also, if the line is picked up while just solid red, it does connect the call just fine. According to the customer this happened abruptly one day, and is only on the first CO Line (they have 12 total).

The system was configured completely with CCA 3.0 and is running software pack 8.0.1. I checked under CCA to make sure the right CO Line was there, and everything looks fine. I tried deleting the button and readding it on a phone, but the same issue occurs.

Any thoughts as to why this is happening?

Thanks,

Derek

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Derek,

I don't suppose you can debug that voice port can you?

I have seen this issue before, and it turned out that the port it was plugged into went the way of the dodo birds so TAC RMAéd the system and problem went away

But that would be the simple solution to the problem, the harder one is where you debug it and everything looks find and then you start conducting bizarre and insane tests to diag the problem, only to end back at the original proposed point of swapping the system out

You can debug it now, or you can log a support request doing that now will save you many days of headaches and you will also be doing the right thing by the customer.

Just a thought

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Ryan Hardy
Level 4
Level 4

Have you made an outbound call on that line?  I had a wierd issue like this before where the phone would ring for a second, then stop, and start again, but i could never answer the call.  Turned out, I had miss-punched my 1 pair and only 1 wire was going to pins 4 and 5.  So you dont need both wires to make a phone ring, but you will need the whole pair to answer the call and make a call.

I'm sure this is way off, but you never know.  Sounds like what happened to me back in the day.  

They can call out on the line, and can answer it. This is a recent development, and I don't think anything has happened with the wiring.

Thanks for the suggestion though!

Derek

SWP 8.0.1 you said?  Thats pretty old.   We had some issues with CO Lines back then.  Have no details, s

orry.

But I did make them work on SWP 8.1.0 and CCA 3.0 here: https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-14830

My mistake, it actually is SWP 8.1.0, I just loaded the system two weeks ago with the latest software and using CCA 3.0. I set them up

exactly as you have them in the tech doument you linked to. That is what's odd to me, as this is a simple, straightforward setup that I have done at multiple other locations, and I can't imagine what the issue would be.

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Derek,

I don't suppose you can debug that voice port can you?

I have seen this issue before, and it turned out that the port it was plugged into went the way of the dodo birds so TAC RMAéd the system and problem went away

But that would be the simple solution to the problem, the harder one is where you debug it and everything looks find and then you start conducting bizarre and insane tests to diag the problem, only to end back at the original proposed point of swapping the system out

You can debug it now, or you can log a support request doing that now will save you many days of headaches and you will also be doing the right thing by the customer.

Just a thought

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi David-

Thanks for the reply. You actually got me thinking I could just move the line over to an open voice port to see if the problem followed it. In the process, I discovered the actual issue. I don't know how it happened, but there were two ephone-dn's with same number, the number for the plar'd voiceport that was having the issue. I changed back the ephone-dn with the incorrect entry and all is well.

Again, no idea how it happened, but that's what it was.

Thanks everyone for the help and suggestions!

Derek

Hi Derek,

FANTASTC!!!!!

I love seeing things get fixed, great news thanks for posting back and letting us know

Cheers,

David.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: