cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Conference SoftKey missing from 7975

lbroering
Level 1
Level 1

We have had a uc520 for 3 or 4 years and all is well. I upgraded to Software pack 8.04 on Thanksgiving weekend and I just noticed now that the conf softkey is missing from the phone when I am on a call. I have the transfer and LiveRecord softkey but the conference key is missing. We do not use the feature very much, but needed it today and it was not there. The key was there before, but maybe it has been missing since the upgrade. Meetme conferencing works fine also.

We are using CCA 3.0 and under telephony - voice features - Conference, the Conference feature is enabled.

Anybody have any ideas?

4 Replies 4

lbroering
Level 1
Level 1

I just noticed that the Park softkey is missing also.

The park feature does work by transferring to 701, we just do not have the button. Is my phone template messed up?

It was my ephone template. The ephone template was still in the system, it just was not applied to the phones. I reapplied the correct template and I am good to go.

Can you elaborate a bit more on what happened. I have heard this from others too. In one case, the ephone template was assigned correctly.

I updated our UC520 from Software pack 7.x something to Software pack 8.04. We had all of the softkeys when we were still on 7.x. I just now noticed that the Park key and the Conf softkeys were missing.

In the mean time I updated my CCA from 2.6 to 3.0 and I have also been using Office Manager 1.2.

I am not sure what action switched my phone templates, but using cli I noticed that my phone was using ephone template 16 today and ephone template 17 is the template that had all of the softkeys that I needed and it was still there in the configuration. I just used conf t, then used ephone 5 (which is my phone) then used the no ephone-template 16 command followed by the ephone-template 17 command . This restored the softkeys.

Not really sure yet how they were lost.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: