cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

configuration of SPA9000 + 942 phones

mateomateo1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, can anyone point me to the some literature about configuring spa9000 and 942 phones?

I basically have 2 questions I have to sort:

My setup is: spa9000 + 2 phones spa942.

1. I am having issues with configuring busy lamp on both phones, so if 1 phone is in use the other phone shows busy lamp and vice versa.

2. If I want to add another 2 phones (942), do I need any special licenses, or just the matter of plugging the phones into switch?

Can I use different phones, which ones would you recommend?

I would be very grateful for any response as I am still a novice in that field. Thanks

6 Replies 6

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

Not sure what you mean by busy lamp, but you can control whether a caller knows the phone is busy by toggling the dnd softkey.

Regarding item 2, you can up to 16 phones to the spa9000.

Thanks for reply,

I have another issue whenever running wizard it finds that soft on pbx and phones is old and trying to update it.

It has upgraded the pbx but i cannot upgrade the phones, it says 'upload was incomplete ' . Do you know what would be the issue?

If I have already 2 phones and want another 2 do I need any licenses for them?

It's hard to determine what's wrong with the upgrade, you can run debug log to see what is happening.

Link to do this is at

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9862

Regarding the license issue, no need for this.  The spa9000 will accept up to 16 spa phones with the latest software release which is 6.1.5.

Hi thanks for answer:

here is a debug file

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/708/unledznc.png/

It's saying the download file is corrupted. 

Try to download the phone software again from cisco.com.

I tried all of them versions.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: