cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure a prefix for dial numbers

Luis Croquer
Level 1
Level 1

I need to set up the prefix '10787' for all outgoing calls and recall numbers, for example, if the custumber dial 0934902738 the system hace to dial 10787934902738 but the '10787' have to be invisible for the customer.

I work also with Panasonic's PBX and this is possible, I want to know if I can do the same with the UC500

All outgoing call go through BRI interface

Actual outgoing call handling

Numbering plan locale: Spain

Default access code: 0

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Prefix is possible, but not invisible. You can seach the many threads about blocking calls, PIN access, etc.

Note in Spain you do not need an access code, just make all extension to begin with 2, 3 or 4.

Hello Paolo.

How can I configure a prefix code for outgoing calls?

Brands like Siemmens, Alcatel, Avaya, Panasonic can make invisible this prefix code to the users, How is it possible this, that Cisco can't, really?

By the way, there are companies here in Spain that are use to use in their PBX systems the 0 or 9 for acces code for outgoing calls, there are another few that doesn't use it.

As  answered above: UC500 does not support invisible prefix.

Luis Croquer
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, but I still need to know How can I configure a prefix code for outgoing calls? also for example to add a 0 or 9 when the customer wants to do a recall or dial from the directory on the phone

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Prefix are done with dial-peers. Adding digits with translation-profile and rules. Both thigns are discussed many times in IP telephony thread.

Note That is about CLI commands.I have no idea if using CCA.

Ok, I'm looking forward the way to configure it by CLI, I will search again in the IP telephony thread.

Thanks.

Hi Luis,

You can configure a dial-peer mapped to a translation profile mapped to a translation rule.  Something like the following (this is bare bones, you will probably need more)

voice translation-rule 1112

rule 1 /^0\(........\)/ /10787\1/

voice translation-profile OUTGOING_TRANSLATION_PROFILE

translate called 1112

dial-peer voice 1000 pots

destination-pattern 09........

translation-profile outgoing OUTGOING_TRANSLATION_PROFILE

You may look at the following documents:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a00803f818a.shtml#con6

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a008010fed1.shtml

-Trent Good

** Please rate useful posts! **

-Trent Good ** Please rate useful posts! **

Trent Good wrote:

Hi Luis,

You can configure a dial-peer mapped to a translation profile mapped to a translation rule.  Something like the following (this is bare bones, you will probably need more)

With pots dial-peer, no translation-profile is necessary. Digits matched in destination-pattern will be dropped. That makes very easy to create 'secrect prefixes'.