cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring a UC540 with SG-200 switches...

chrisrankin79
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

My company currently uses a UC320 with a SG-200 switch....we are currently using a bonded T1 from Cbeyond and 12 SIP trunks for all calls. Since we are growing, we are upgrading our UC320 to a UC540, my question is, would this be plug and play? or is there going to be a lot of configuration changes. The UC320 handles the voice and data routing and we do not use any servers here everything is web-based. Any help here would be great thanks to all.               

4 Replies 4

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Chris, I don't support UC units, but, from the switch point of view, this should be plug and play, assuming the switch is on the latest firmware. The CDP advertisements from the UC should negotiate all of the smart ports on the switch. The UC500 uses CCA (unless you're entitled to CLI support) and if there is an issue detected between the UC500 and the switch, there is a "resolve" option where the CCA attempts to fix the discrepencies between both the UC and the switch if there are any problems.

-Tom
Please rate helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Thank you very much for the response. I just ordered it today. I cannot wait to set this thing up.

Chris, just so you are prepared: CCA (the configuration tool for UC500), is significantly more complicated and difficult to use than the UC320 interface. SG-200 switches are pretty easy to configure and have worked very well for us with both UC320 and UC500.

Yes you are right the CCA is massive and I like the fact that you can go into the CLI as well. I want to use the Timecard view feature but it doesn't support SPA508-504 phones unfortunately...I want to configure the system to where the "agents" log in and out from there phones, and utilize the feature where I can track their phone usage, which is the best manual to set this system up? I have found so many....thanks for your help guys...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: