Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring button assignments for Jabber extensions

cisco43ftrd
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm using a UC560 and configured jabber for some iPhones. To avoid confusion, I moved the old numbers from the employees' desk phones to their new Jabber devices and assigned new dn's to the desk phones. So when someone is calling an employee that uses Jabber, they still dial the old numbers and either the target iPhone rings, or the call is forwarded to the respective desk phone of the desired employee, when the Jabber extension isn't registered. (Call Forward Unregister)

I'm currently installing 500S extensions for some users and need to assign buttons for those Jabber extensions.

The problem is, that the button assigments are configured using the ephone-dns (e.g. button 5w598), but Jabber extensions don't have a ephone-dn, since they are configured via "voice register dn / pool".

So how do I assign those Jabber extensions to buttons on the phone/ 500S extension? (I guess I'll have to use floating extensions, if there now way to configure them directly...)

EDIT: I've just realised, that assigning the jabber extensions to the button would create another problem - the status LED of the button would be useless in case the employee is working using his desk phone. Are shared lines possible for jabber extensions? (As far as i remember, the "desk phone integration" feature is currently not available for CME).

Kind regards,

Rainhard

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That is what I was trying to tell you above - there is no support to watch/presence SIP phones.

So you can just configure buttons as speed-dial, no need to have the ephone-dn with call-forward.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You should be able to use Jabber devices, having their own number, as SNR devices only,

No support for shared line or watch/presence.

I've managed to assign the jabber extensions to buttons by simply creating ephone-dn's for them.

However, the buttons do not show, whether the jabber extension is registered or not - I expected that the LED would flash red, just like if a desk phone was disconnected. Is that possible for jabber extensions?

That is what I was trying to tell you above - there is no support to watch/presence SIP phones.

So you can just configure buttons as speed-dial, no need to have the ephone-dn with call-forward.

I don't get how this could not be considered a handy feature. In a company with teleworkers it's obvious that a receptionist needs to know who is available i.e. which jabber users are registered on the call manager. (Isn't a unregistered jabber user just the same as a disconnected phone?!)

Nevertheless, thank you for your answers!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: