Views
Helpful
Replies

Continuously rebooting after upgrade to 7.5.1.a

arcanosintercom
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody

After upgrading our SPA phones to 7.5.1.a firmware, we're having problems with bmp logos.

With a SPA303, if you put the logo address in the provisioning file...

<BMP_Picture_Download_URL>tftp://192.168.1.100/logo.bmp</BMP_Picture_Download_URL>

... after making reset to default parameters, and let the phone load provisioning parameters, it starts rebooting again, and again, and again... If you remove this parameter, everything goes well.

If you monitor the tftp server (tail -f /var/log/daemon.log), you'll see the phone reboots just after request the logo file.

With a SPA504G happens the same if I configure the logo file in the web interface. Phone starts rebooting continuosly.

We've had to remove the logos, because it seems something's broken in this new release.

Does anybody have the same problem?

Regards

Alberto

15 Replies 15

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

Please send me that bitmap used.  To my email nseto at cisco.com.  Once I confirm the reboot with that file, I'll open a bug for this.  Thanks.

ricardo.o
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having the same problem, the phone resync and reboot continuously, in previous versions all works fine,

and after I update the firmware all my 30 phones reboots.

Cisco have some correction to this ?

The problem seems to be loading the bmp with the initial config after a factory reset or brand new unit.  Workaround is loading the bmp after the iniital config.  We are unable to reproduce but the info and workaround info is what we know about given from the customer.

My phones are auto provisioned via xml, can i load the bmp after the initial config ???

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

Yes

How i do that ?

Settings located in Phone tab under General, you will see the BMP Picture Download URL, Select Logo, Select Background Picture.  Full details on the setup is in the admin guide that you can obtain from cisco.com.  If you want to talk to support, you can find the right number at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Can you tell me approximately when this problem will be solved

definitively ?

arcanosintercom
Level 1
Level 1

I've just tested it with new firmware 7.5.2b and the problem persists.

Nelson, about the workaround...

- If you put the logo in the web interface, the phone doesn't reboot. But after that change, if you reboot the phone electrically, it starts rebooting again.

- It's not only with a brand new unit. It happens always after doing a Factory Reset and let the phone provisioning again.

I've tested it with a SPA504G and a SPA303, and both has the problem. They work OK with firmware 7.4.9.

I've also tested it with HTTP provisioning, and happens the same.

So at the moment I don't have a valid workaround, except removing the logo from provisioning . Without logo, it works ok. Anyway, loading the logo using web interface it's not option if you have many phones...

Nelson, you already have my files, and it keeps failing ALWAYS to me. I think this is a big problem, because logo it's something that clients really appreciate and because the phone turns unusable.

Let me know how can I help you...

arcanosintercom
Level 1
Level 1

Hello again

Keeps happening with 7.5.3. Any news about this?

Really strange nobody solve this. I think it's a CRITICAL problem, because if you have a big installation with many phones in provisioning with a logo, and decided to upgrade firmware to 7.5.1.a or later, all phones will get blocked rebooting continuosly.

Please, I can help providing any info you need. It happens ALWAYS just putting a logo in provisioning, with TFTP or HTTP provisioning. I can't upgrade any phone of any installation.

Regards

Alberto

Hi, we're being affected by this issue and it's extremely critical for us that it can get solved.

Any news on this??

EDIT:

According to this thread

http://knarou.megaplog.com/article-elastix-provisioning-spa-303-endpoint-spa303-5912.php

The issue seems related to the language set in the phone, I bet the OT is using spanish as well as us.

In order for dev to address, I'll need the exact steps to reproduce.  You mention that this could be related to foreign language as well.

Please give me the exact steps and files used.  Send this info to me at nseto at cisco.com.  Thanks.

Thanks NSETO, I'll send you the files and the steps to reproduce.

We've doing some tests and found that the firmware 7.5.2 works ok, but not the 7.5.4 neither the 7.5.2b

best regards,

Andrés

arcanosintercom
Level 1
Level 1

Hello again

Keeps happening with 7.5.5 firmware. I keep thinking it's a very CRITICAL problem, no way to update any phone of any installation (it would block all phones)...

Regards

Alberto

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: