cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Copy SIP trunk settings from UC520 to UC540

lbroering
Level 1
Level 1

I was able to set up a SIP trunk connection with our UC520, but it was with using the command line interface as the Sip trunk provider (AXIATP) is not one of the SIP trunk templates available in the UC520 and the SIP connection needed some out of bandwidth settings. I now know the command line settings for the next time that I set it up. My question is "May I use the same command line settings on the UC540 that I was able to use on the UC520"? I understand that Cisco will not support command line on the 540, but since I already know the settings it would seem to me that it would have a good chance of working. The other option is to just sell another UC520 as the end user only requires 6 phones or so.

2 Replies 2

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, the same CLI commands should work. As you mentioned, Cisco will not support this method on the UC540. Many people are less than thrilled at the decision to not support CLI on the UC540/UC560. Seems like a poor decision to alienate experienced engineers who might prefer CLI, especially when there are still functions that require CLI to work. Just my .02.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Thanks for your input.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: