Helpful
Replies

Cordless SPA302D

donald.janke
Level 1
Level 1

Does the SPA302D work with the uc320?

20 Replies 20

I had a pre-sales conversation on April 22, 2013 and was assured that the SPA232D and the SPA302D were comaptible (could be registered) with my UC320W (verified serial number with technician) and he again assured me that they were compatible even after I pointed out the above web page. He also stated that all SPA300 and SPA500 series phones are compatible with the UC320W. That said i have 1 SPA232D and 4 SPA302Ds sitting on my desk as I'm wirtting this...

I guess what I'm hearing is that I'm out of luck registereing the SPA232D with my UC320W?

If so, this is frustrating to say the least...

Why would you design, sell, and market a phone system in a product line that is not compatible with the core phone systems it's product line is built to work with?

Relying on the advice I recieved from Cisco technicians (about Cisco products) has made me look like an idiot within my place of employment and to customers.

To whom ever is managing this product line please help...

Best regards,

Ben

Hello,

On work around I have used is to setup the SPA232D connecting to the UC320W using the SPA232D analog port and then connect it to the UC320W analog Port. Program the SPA232D to ring incoming calls to the DECT handset. This will enable the calling in and out of the port for 1x cordless phone or multiple cordless sharing only 1x port.

Hope this helps.

Bryan Tintes
Level 1
Level 1

Wow I fully agree this is very misleading...I just received my spa302D with the specific intention of hooking it to my UC320w since the UC320w states is compatible with cisco SPA 300 phones. This was a huge was in time and shipping expense.

All, I agree about the misleading factor, I have been installing Cisco Voice for 10 years, and ordered for a small customer a UC320W with the SPA302D phone kits and have come to the same issue.  The website for cisco plainly says SPA300 and SPA500 model phones are compatible with the UC320W.

Models & DescriptionNumber of Employees

UC220

UC320

• Integrated voicemail and automated attendant and voicemail to email notification
  • IP-based telephony supporting Cisco SPA300 and SPA500 Series IP phones
  • SIP trunking support for clear, high-quality voice services and telecommunications cost savings
  • Interoperable with up to 12 public switched telephone network (PSTN) lines (FXO)
  • Built-in 802.11b/g/n wireless access point lets employees stay connected to voice or data
  • 4-port Gigabit Ethernet (1000 Mbps) switch with VLAN support, to connect devices or expand
  • Gigabit Ethernet WAN port to connect your office to the Internet

So how do I go back to my customer and say sorry what we sold you is not going to work now.  This is ridiculous.

ultimus
Level 1
Level 1

Months have passed and yet this issue is still misleading. I asked Cisco's online chat if there was a wireless handdset to use with the UC320W. I was recommended the SPA302D. Here's a copy of the transcript (private/irrelevant information omitted)

info: Thank you for choosing Cisco.  We will be with you shortly.

info: You are now chatting with Kaye.

Kaye: Thank you for choosing Cisco Systems.  How may I assist you today?

David: Hello Kaye, I am looking at the UC 320W for small businesses.

David: I wanted to know if there were wireless handset options for this model instead of the SPA300 and SPA500 IP phones.

Kaye: I am happy to assist you. May I ask what prompted you to look into this information?

David: I am looking to deploy a phone system for one of our affiliate offices.

Kaye: This will be for how many users?

Kaye: I have not heard from you for some time.  Would you like me to keep this chat open for you?

David: about 5-10

Kaye: Thank you.

Kaye: While I am checking here, so that I can provide you a more holistic recommendation, do you have any other project within the next 12 months that I may help you with like routers or switches?

David: not at the moment.

Kaye: Anyway, are you currently working with a Cisco Partner?

David: but will probably need a matching switch for the UC320.

David: No, not now.

Kaye: I will take note of that.

Kaye: And if I understand you correctly, you are looking for a phone that will work with UC320W and it should be Bluetooth supported, correct?

David: No, not bluetooth. I believe it should be a wifi model.

Kaye: So you are looking for a wireless phone, am I right?

David: Yes.

Kaye: Let me check.

Kaye: One moment please.

Kaye: And please bear with me.

Kaye: I will be sending you a link for our recommendation.  This may help you. And since this is the business department, can you please verify if the following information is correct :

Kaye: Thank you for that information. Please do not end this chat session. I will be sending you a link in a moment on this window, and once you have received the link, just spare me at least 2-3 minutes of your time so that I will be able to properly update your account and provide you additional help or options, would that be okay?

David: um, I think it would be much better if you could recommend a model, if available. This is becoming complicated.

Kaye: Here's a link : SPA302D Multi-Line DECT Handset

Kaye: • Ability to make high-quality feature-rich business-quality VoIP calls with cordless handset convenience

Kaye: • High-resolution color display with hands-free speakerphone and four-way menu navigation button

Kaye: • Superior performance and range along with highly efficient battery power usage based on DECT technology

Kaye: • Essential telephony feature support such as caller ID, call transfer, call waiting, call forwarding, three-way conferencing, call history, and private and shared phonebooks

Kaye: I assure you all information will be strictly confidential and will be for internal use and documentation only.

Kaye: While checking on that, may I ask when do you plan to have this solution in place?

David: if requirements are met, in about a month or maybe earlier.

Kaye: Great! And since you're the one looking for this solution, I assume you're the one who's deciding for this need, right?

David: for the particular model, yes.

Kaye: Perfect! And I believe that this project will have funds once considered feasible, correct?

David: yes.. so this model will work with the UC320, correct?

Kaye: Yes. And good thing about that phone is that is one of the newest model that we have. So no need to worry about the EoL (End-Of-Life).

Kaye: I will also send you a link for your switch.

Kaye: Check this link : Cisco 300 Series Switches

Kaye: • Secure desktop connectivity

Kaye: • High performance and reliability

Kaye: • IP telephony support

Kaye: • Fast, easy setup and configuration

Kaye: This is what I‘m going to do: I will have a Cisco Partner call you back within 4-5 business days. They will provide you more options and detailed information about this recommendation, okay?

Kaye: You also have an option to get a transcript of this chat session at the exit survey.

Kaye: I suggest you also add SmartNet Service Contract on each lined item, for you to have anytime access to Cisco engineers, the Technical Assistance Center (TAC), and an extensive range of online resources. You will receive as well fast, expert technical support, flexible hardware coverage, and smart, personalized capabilities to help you resolve critical network issues.

Kaye: Just to wrap this up, can I have the number of employees in your company and the line of industry your company is in? Please include your job title as well.

Kaye: Thank you. And for your reference, here’s the part numbers:

Kaye: UC320W - UC320W-FXO-K9

Kaye: Phone - SPA302D-G1

Kaye: Switch - SRW2008MP-K9-NA

Kaye: I sure hope I was able to resolve your reason for chatting with us today. Is there anything else I can help you with today?

David: that'll be it for now. I will look into this further. Thank you for your help.

Kaye: You are welcome. You may receive a survey through email. Please take the time to answer so we can improve our service. You may end the chat now.

I appreciate the sales person for recommending the model but the incorrect information is misleading and disappointing. I wouldn't blame her though, as you wouldn't be able to tell until you actually purchased the product and failed to get it registered to the UC320 in front of you. It's the Cisco product line mangers and engineers who should be pointing this out and fixing it.

I'd just like to point out that while the SPA302D IS newer and may not be going EoS/EoL any time soon the UC320W is going EoS next year.  Did the Cisco rep not point that out during your conversation?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps11388/end_of_life_notice_c51-729018.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: