cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CP 521S Displays SOS Phone in Recovery Mode

dwtcp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i tried to install 3 CP 521S in a site with UC520.

2 of them upgraded correctly their firmware.

The third got unplugged while downloading the firmware and now it is stuck and displays as soon as it gets plugged in:

"S.O.S. Phone in Recovery Mode".

I found the rec-spa941-5-1-8.exe and the rec-spa942-6-1-3a.exe but i cannot make it work.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Anthony

4 Replies 4

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Open a case and if eligible, maybe do an RMA

Where did you find the above metioned files? I am unable to locate them on Cisco's website.

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check to see the correct 'type' (model) is created for the phone.

Perhaps 'debug tftp events' and Debug Ephone register' to see what's going on.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Anthony,

Another suggestion which has worked for me with a 524S when the same thing happened to me was to force a factory reset on it, although I have never personally seen a 521S and do not know much about them, so if you can discover how to do it (Maybe someone from Cisco can post the instructions) you can possible bring it back from the dead (Brick mode) and then let it update the firmware properly.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: