Views
Helpful
Replies

CP-6851-3PCC : Not saving "Message waiting" setting

avezina
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

On CP-6851-3PCC phones, firmware: sip68xx.11-2-3MSR1-1.loads. I can't save the "Message waiting" setting. Same thing happened with the previous firmware.

Using the web interface :

In /admin/Voice/Ext 1 I set the Message waiting parameter to No and then click Submit all changes. The phone reboots and then the Message waiting setting is set back to Yes and I still have mwi on the phone (aka it does not work).

I uploaded screenshots. before.png is juste before clicking on Submit all changes.

After is once the phone rebooted.

Using provisionning :

I also tried pushing this XML to the phone with /admin/resync?http... :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<flat-profile>

<!-- Ext1 tab -->
<Message_Waiting_1_ ua="na">No</Message_Waiting_1_>

</flat-profile>

Same thing happened (reboot, then still set to Yes and mwi still active).

Is there something I am missing?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi, 

The following parameter, <Message_Waiting_1_ ua="na">Yes</Message_Waiting_1_>  is also set by a notify sent by the server, depending on whether you have a voicemail message or not.

So if you have voicemail messages, you won't be able to turn that off, since the server will keep sending a notify to the phone, thus turning MWI on. 

Its the way the phone was designed to be. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Geovani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How are you provisioning your phones? 

Do you have a provisioning server pushing out xml files? 

It sounds like your settings are being overwritten by the provisioning server. 

No provisionning on the phone (I had a Wireshark sniffing and it only downloads the dictionaries).

To be sure, I set provisionning to "No"Capture d’écran, le 2019-09-20 à 10.36.38.png

Still the same problem (Message Waiting always goes back to yes)

Hi, 

The following parameter, <Message_Waiting_1_ ua="na">Yes</Message_Waiting_1_>  is also set by a notify sent by the server, depending on whether you have a voicemail message or not.

So if you have voicemail messages, you won't be able to turn that off, since the server will keep sending a notify to the phone, thus turning MWI on. 

Its the way the phone was designed to be. 

I understand. 

Is there a way to ignore those NOTIFY (message waiting) so the phone does not display an icon and a red LED when there are new messages?

Just out of curiosity though, what is the point of <Message_Waiting_1_ ua="na"> setting if it gets overriden by the server? Do you have an example of what it does and it what context?

Best regards