cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cp8961 & fritzbox7590

emiliosur6942
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, i'm new in voip and cisco world. my friend present me a cp8961 and i want to configure it to work with my fritzobx 7590, but no way to solve it. I try to download tftp32 for dhcp and tftp server..but for sure i mistake something. I download the last firmare cmterm-8961.9-4-2SR4-1.k3.cop, could someone help me with the right sep.xml file to fill and the procedure to flash it in the phone? i'm a real noob in this, hope in ur help to learn and to realize the connection. if there's a guide step by step will be great. tnx all :)

38 Replies 38

Look at the logs of the TFTPd32. Do you see the phone downloading the SEPmacaddress.cnf.xml and dialplan.xml files or not?

now after tryinmg again and again there's an attempt to download file sepmac.xml but there's error 2

no diaplam trasmission seen justa another .tlv ext. failed.

No try for firmware download

to be more cleare attach pics with tftp and dhcp configuration.

that's the error in loop

I don't care about the TLV file.
I want to know if TFTPd32 can see or report if the SEPmacaddress.cnf.xml file was downloaded or not.

So happy after many hours just done 1th pass, phone is registered online:D:D as i'll show in pic. but no way to make call or recieve. Maybe a mistake in dialplan or where should be?step by step adn tnx to leo in particular..before configure the line than wanna know more about configuring softkey and so on... no way to send to plhone dialplan.

mybe configured bad, i just copy and past the sequence in 1 pagfe page by leo, copy in blocnote and saved with name diaplan.xml

Btw i attach sepmac.xml surely works with cp8961 if somebody needs

Don't go to the "advanced" functionality until the basics are working.

Obv. Now I receive and accept call. But no external line to call. What I should see in conf? 

Could be something connected to diaplan. Xml? Via tftp I don't see It goes charged in the phone. How dialplsn works? Send information 4? Ty ty 

Check your outbound route patter in Asterisk.

I tryed to copy and padt ur dialplan in first page. create a new folder with just dialplan.xml but no response by tftp dunno why. is possible to insert diaplan directly in spe file to be uploaded?

no way..phone turned on phone not registrered...dunno if the problem is in conf or anythinig strange in fritzbox to accep new ip iphon.

To be sure i downgrade and than upgrade to firmware sip8961.9-4-2sr4-1 the last one available in cisco download.

obv i change load info conf file but always no way...I tryed directly conf file by leo but no working. Any suggest? Could anyone help me through teamviewer? Any surely also simpla conf.xml for this firmware version?

i dn't know what i can try....hope just in ur help :)

Tnx all

The phone is registering Asterisk. My job is done.
I'm not helping diagnose Asterisk because this is not an Asterisk forum.

yep obviously;) I don't pretend nothing:)

Now with firmware sip8961.9-2SR4-1.k3 i can try and retry with any sepmac.cnf.xnl?

is there any just simple simple xml file just try if phone register again? So i can work with it addyin new feature in while.

The important thing is to register again..but now impossible:)

When it'll possible i close 3d and  open another one with specific issue.

tnx again Leo

the only sep.cnf i'm able to load in the phone. But verifyin there's more than one error, von is not configured( i don't use vpn) (how can i delete this part in xml?) dns fritz.box is time out and jar that could be ignored. I attach my personal conf could someone that a look? In name ed auth i've to insert dates added in fritzbox or directly that one provided by my provider?