cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPM - Site Configuration

clayostlund
Level 5
Level 5

I like that CUPM can do Day 1 Setup, ie Dial Plan Creation, CSS, Partitions, Device Pools, etc.

However, as you know there are 50 ways to setup CUCM and everyone does things a little different.  I want to see CUPM configurable so that we can setup what / how we want the dial plan to look like, what the Partitions, CSS, Device Pool Names, etc. are.

For example, with the CUPM standard dial plan, you get a Blocked CSS approach, and it doesn't use Local Route Groups for call routing.  What if we always use LRG's and we don't do the Blocked CSS's and isntead just create a single shared set of CSS's for all users?

This is just a single example.

I understand CUPM is designed for "EASE OF USE" day 2 through forever, however if we are going to have the ability to do Day 1 stuff in CUPM, we need some more capabilities.

I'm interested in anyone's comments or feedback.  I'd be happy to discuss this in more depth as well.

I'll contiue to play with the deployment to see how it behaves as I add more complex senerios.         

2 Replies 2

sbommaji
Level 1
Level 1

Clay,

Yes, CUPM is designed for Ease of USE as you mentioned. However I agree that there may be some things we can add.

Let's keep this thread open, so other partners can comment as well.

I will consolidate the feedback in the end

Thanks,

Sunil

Does anyone else have a comment on this?