cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPM - Site Management

clayostlund
Level 5
Level 5

So after a SITE was created, I called it "Main Site", I wanted to go back in and modify some of the settings I skipped over during the initial install for testing.

I however am NOT able to edit the site for Directory Number Blocks, or SRST, change timezone, extension lenght, etc. 

I believe in the real world we would need the ability to make these types of changes day 2.

3 Replies 3

sbommaji
Level 1
Level 1

will run this issue by the UPM team.

Thanks,

Sunil

When attempting to add a line to a phone in a site without available block number space, it says we need to add another block/more lines to the site. But then no options are provided to add more numbers to a site. At the very least, include the ability to add more directory number blocks to the sites after deployment.

I can see a reasoning for not changing entries in the "Default Service Settings" location after deployment as it is technically a site-profile-wide configuration setting. If allowed, changes here would overwrite all members of this site-profile and any customizations to individuals beyond the CUPM in this site would be undone.

But perhaps that is a change we would like to make site-profile wide for a specific item. Essentially this would be a batch process through the normal methods but if at the setup of the site a site-profile wide configuration change was requested by the clients mid-configuration or soon after deploying, it would be nice to push this out via CUPM with a warning disclaimer. Perhaps include a setting we can allow/deny these setting changes of the site post deployment so it will not accidentally happen without someone explicitly/intendedly allowing it at the site level?

Regards,

DJ

sbommaji
Level 1
Level 1

Clay/Aaron,

The issues mentioned above are becasue currently UPM-BE does not support reverse sync from native apps (CUCM) back to UPM-BE. We expect to fix this issue in our next release of provisioning manager. Please stay tuned for 9.1 release announcement that address some of these.

Thanks,

Sunil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: