cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPM - Site Management

clayostlund
Level 5
Level 5

So after a SITE was created, I called it "Main Site", I wanted to go back in and modify some of the settings I skipped over during the initial install for testing.

I however am NOT able to edit the site for Directory Number Blocks, or SRST, change timezone, extension lenght, etc. 

I believe in the real world we would need the ability to make these types of changes day 2.

3 Replies 3

sbommaji
Level 1
Level 1

will run this issue by the UPM team.

Thanks,

Sunil

When attempting to add a line to a phone in a site without available block number space, it says we need to add another block/more lines to the site. But then no options are provided to add more numbers to a site. At the very least, include the ability to add more directory number blocks to the sites after deployment.

I can see a reasoning for not changing entries in the "Default Service Settings" location after deployment as it is technically a site-profile-wide configuration setting. If allowed, changes here would overwrite all members of this site-profile and any customizations to individuals beyond the CUPM in this site would be undone.

But perhaps that is a change we would like to make site-profile wide for a specific item. Essentially this would be a batch process through the normal methods but if at the setup of the site a site-profile wide configuration change was requested by the clients mid-configuration or soon after deploying, it would be nice to push this out via CUPM with a warning disclaimer. Perhaps include a setting we can allow/deny these setting changes of the site post deployment so it will not accidentally happen without someone explicitly/intendedly allowing it at the site level?

Regards,

DJ

sbommaji
Level 1
Level 1

Clay/Aaron,

The issues mentioned above are becasue currently UPM-BE does not support reverse sync from native apps (CUCM) back to UPM-BE. We expect to fix this issue in our next release of provisioning manager. Please stay tuned for 9.1 release announcement that address some of these.

Thanks,

Sunil