cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Custom SIP Headers

danplacek
Level 4
Level 4

We already opened a ticket on an issue we had and didn't really get a satisfactory answer so I wanted to follow up here and see if anyone has more information.

We are moving to a SIP provider that requires we add a SIP header. In the past Cisco has been able to issue us PMF's to modify SIP headers to fit specific requirements.

In this case they told us that we should make a "feature request" via the feature request menu on the UC320's admin panel.

Generally speaking feature requests are basically ignored by Cisco... so this kindof seems like a brush-off.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is it really the case that it needs to be a feature request?

The SIP header in question is the "X-Tag" header with the customer name (for CDR/billing purposes).

2 Replies 2

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Daniel;

As a Cisco Product Manager I would like to clarify that we take very seriously the customers/partners feature requests, to the point we try to ease the process for requesting them. It does not mean we would include every single requested feature, since resources are always a factor to consider but we run a detailed and concious analysis of them. I would appreciate if you point the reference of your request to follow up and understand why you have not received a response yet.

With respect of your request, unfortunately it cannot be addressed via a PMF, since this field is not currently part of the base code.

Regards
Alberto

Just to be clear -- we only just submitted the feature request, so I wasn't complaining that Cisco has not replied to that specifically.

What I was referring to was the blatent problems on the UC320 that have been requested over and over for the last year on the forums and are still not fixed. If things like that aren't getting fixed, how can I expect a very specific feature that probably not useful to 99% of UC320 users to be implemented in any reasonable time period?

If you are wondering what issues I am referring to, you need only reference the "Open Letter" thread.

Its great that you review all the feature requests -- but if they never happen, or take years to happen -- it really doesn't matter.

I don't mean to come off as hostile, but some of the issues with the 320 are extremely frustrating.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: