cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dail an overseas phone in China and Taiwan

asminc.tw
Level 1
Level 1

Our business needs to make phone calls to China and Taiwan.

We have to punch 886 for country code and 912xxxxxx for customer mobile number.

Total is 12 digits (3 plus 9 ). Currently we set company’s UC320 to USA region supporting only 10 digits.

Is there a way to fix this issue?

Thanks much.

S.T.

13 Replies 13

Hi Steven,

In North America all international numbers begin with  011.  I see from your e-mail address you are in Taiwan.  The UC320W does  not currently support the Taiwan dialplan.  I would suggest contacting  your local sales office to request a Region Pack for Taiwan for the  UC320W.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Yes. I am currently traveling in Asia. The email was sent from Taiwan.

My office staff are in USA California.

They need to call me using UC320 and they have trouble reaching me.

To make a phone call to Taiwan from USA, they have to dial 011(3 digits) then 886(3 digits of country code) then 9xxxxxxxx(9 digits of local phone number).

Total is 15 digits now. UC320 only allows maximum 10 digits.

Anyway to revise this limitation?

Thanks much.

Steven

Dear Steven;

The US Dial plans (both lenghts) allows for international calling (with variable lenght), so it should allow dialing the number mentioned above. What's the behavior you are experiencing?

Regards
Alberto

Hi Steven,

Thanks for the clarification.  What kind of PSTN access are you using (SIP trunk, BRI, FXO)?  If FXO are you using Shared FXO lines or PBX style dialing?  I assume international dialing is provisioned on your PSTN account...

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris,

We are using Skype SIP trunk to make phone calls to overseas.

Our staff had tried but the issue is still.

Please kindly advise.

Thanks much

Steven

P Please help us support a greener planet- “Where Nothing Lasts Forever”

*Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.

Hi Steven,

We need to understand why the call is failing.  Do you have the Skype PMF installed on your system?

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-16301

Have you turned on logs on your SIP trunk to see what the response code is?  Status -> Support Tools -> Logs -> Select your SIP trunk.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-15041

You may need to make a call to the Cisco Small Business Support Center where an engineer can look at the logs.

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Chris,

The issue seems to be on the dial plan default in UC320.

Instead of dialing “011” to make a phone call to overseas, Skype Sip Trunk requires user to punch “country code” and then followed by local phone number.

For example, to make a phone call to China, you will have to only punch “86(country code)” then “local number(11 digits)”. No need to dial “011” in front of “86(country code)”.

Basically, under current 10 digit dial plan, UC320 stops taking extra digits after reaching 10 digits.

Any way to write a PMF to the unit?

Thanks much.

Steven

Hi Steven,

Thanks for the explanation.  I understand the problem now.  I have opened bug: CSCtx06007 to track this issue.  Unfortunately, the engineers who can make the official fix have already started their Christmas holidays and will not be back until the first week of January.   If you send me your contact information in a private message, we can try to set up a time today or tomorrow where I can log in to your system and make a temporary change.

Thanks,

Chris

Message was edited by: Christopher Edgeworth

Hi Chris,

I will send a reminder email in the first week of Jan..

Really appreciated your help and happy holidays.

Steven

Hi Chris,

Hope you had a great holidays.

Is there a way to track the status of bug: CSCtx06007?

Thanks

Steven

Hi Steven,

Cisco was shut down from Dec 24 to Jan 2 for holidays.  The resource who needs to look at this started holidays early and will be back in the office later this week.  You can view the bug in the bug tool kit but I don't think it gives the current status.

Chris

Hi Steven,

The fix for this bug will be in the upcoming 2.2 feature release.  When you have the fixed load you will need to select 'Use +1 for dialing' on your SIP/BRI configuration page.  You will also need to dial 9  011  CC  address.  Behind the scenes we will strip the 9011 and change it to the +CC followed by address.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks much for your efforts.

Look forward to solution of this bug.

Thank you.

Steven

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: